The social media people..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyHouse

Reaction score
Calling all geeks who have used this company...
Last month this great sales guy from 'social media people' saw my advert on gumtree and tried to sell me a Facebook page with and advert and guaranteed I would get minimum of 3 new clients. I said no because it was £99+vat and I was getting my website made which was costing me. He called a few days later and really sold it to me, I was worried it was a scam and made sure it was only for one month. I agreed and paid upfront, the service was rubbish I had no clients let alone enquires it really wasn't worth it at all !!!
Today I receive an email saying if I don't pay this month they will send the bay lifts round :( I am fuming because I am sensible and checked it was for one month I only. The only think I can think of if the terms and conditions said it was a subscription and I agreed with out realising.
I called them and they were not helpful and again said pay or baylifts will be over.
I am so upset i was so trusting and wish I stuck to my gut feeling, I'm sure this happens all the time with the company because they were so defensive.
I would like to know if any geeks has benefited from this company ?
And does any body think I have a leg to stand on?

Hi.
Sorry ive not had experience with this company but we have had other scam companies before.My boss once agreed to something and realised it was a scam.When they phoned again she basically told them she wasnt doing it again and they got pretty nasty on the phon,saying she owed them money etc etc.
We rang trading standards and reported them.
We also reported them to the police and got a reference number in case they rang again.
When they did ring we told them we had reported them to the police and trading standards and not to ring again.
Weve never heard from them since.

x

Thank you so much. I need to get advice I may call trading standards and see if they have advice.
Thanks x

:DHey chick dont worry yourself too much about it.
There are so many companies out there scamming people and alot of normally strong willed people fall into the trap aswell.
Take a deep breath,report to your local police and trading standards and look foward to them ringing back so you can tell them to bugger off!!!

Any company that uses such strong arm tactics to get you to sign up is best avoided.

Calling all geeks who have used this company...
Last month this great sales guy from 'social media people' saw my advert on gumtree and tried to sell me a Facebook page with and advert and guaranteed I would get minimum of 3 new clients. I said no because it was £99+vat and I was getting my website made which was costing me. He called a few days later and really sold it to me, I was worried it was a scam and made sure it was only for one month. I agreed and paid upfront, the service was rubbish I had no clients let alone enquires it really wasn't worth it at all !!!
Today I receive an email saying if I don't pay this month they will send the bay lifts round :( I am fuming because I am sensible and checked it was for one month I only. The only think I can think of if the terms and conditions said it was a subscription and I agreed with out realising.
I called them and they were not helpful and again said pay or baylifts will be over.
I am so upset i was so trusting and wish I stuck to my gut feeling, I'm sure this happens all the time with the company because they were so defensive.
I would like to know if any geeks has benefited from this company ?
And does any body think I have a leg to stand on?

Please check out my thread regarding exactly the same thing!!! They conned me too. I gave notice to cancel from day one of my contract so that i would only pay for one month but they said even though i cancelled 4 times via email it doesnt count and that i should have done it via post. They are at the moment threatening me with debt collectors but i am refusing to pay any more money. I was very upset at first but i decided to fight back and contacted the CAB and they advised me to put my complaint and cancellation in writing to The Social Media people. I have done as the CAB advised and have not heard anything further from them. So sorry to hear they got you too :( x

Last edited:
Please check out my thread regarding exactly the same thing!!! They conned me too. I gave notice to cancel from day one of my contract so that i would only pay for one month but they said even though i cancelled 4 times via email it doesnt count and that i should have done it via post. They are at the moment threatening me with debt collectors but i am refusing to pay any more money. I was very upset at first but i decided to fight back and contacted the CAB and they advised me to put my complaint and cancellation in writing to The Social Media people. These people are scum and should be ashamed of themselves. I have done as the CAB advised and have not heard anything further from them. So sorry to hear they got you too :( x

Pinkedee .... Yay I am so pleased u have posted this I don't feel so silly now. I have contacted CAB and they advised me the same. How long ago was yours ? And did they ever send any body round?
It's such a shame because they are targeting new small businesses. I really dislike the company !!!
:(
Thank you x

Pinkedee ... I feel like crying, just read ur previous topic on this and it's excatly the same. I never ever have bought over the phone but this guy wouldn't shut up !!!!!!!!!
Did u ever get a refund ?
And i did get a Facebook page from them however it's not in my email address and have tried to link it to my website however the link doesn't work !
What a rip off I am fuming !
Ahhhhhh horrible people
They were ment to get back to me today because I refused to pay and asked to appeal it... Guess what no call yet.!

X

Aww hun it makes me so mad that they can pick on individuals like us and cause so much worry and upset. I sent my letter to them on 18th of last month and haven't heard anything from them since. I have never fallen for anything like this before and feel really stupid. Alarm bells were ringing right from start but the sales guy was so persuasive and i repeatedly asked him if it was definitely a one off payment and that after the month i wouldnt have to pay any more. He said i would get so much response to my advert that i wouldnt need any more than a month. I never got anything for my money!! If anything further happens i will let you know straight away. I know its horrible but try not to worry too much hun xx

They have been around for ages under different names. Register with the phone preference service and report any calls you no longer want to get from telesales like these.
Unfortunatley you would have found that you would not even have been able to cancel minutes later as the moment they say your ad is live, you have to pay. No proof required. I was stung when I first started out, had to pay but learnt a very expensive lesson. No more phone purchases EVER

Sorry they conned you, fight for your rights and don't let them bully or threaten you with the fear of bailiffs knocking at your door. Make sure you tell your bank that you no longer want any money paid to these people, they will keep trying to take payments. Send them a letter in writing explaining what you are doing and why, who you have been to see (CAB ) and thst you are reporting them to trading standards as you never received what they sold you. I never saw my advert and when I asked they promised to send a screenshot of the live advert. Never got it so I doubt they can ever prove that they actually did what they were paid to do

Latest posts

Back