the stereotype

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great thread!

Stereoyping is a problem I come up against time and time again, I am not skinny, and my look is errrrr alternative, I have 2 facial piercings and 9 tattoos some on display some not, my hair is always short and funky and in some random colour (this week its go purple in it!)

But yes I am a dam good beauty therapist!! The entire industry is about self expression, I think (as well as many other things I hasten to add) dont be a sheep I say!!! Never be blend in and be forgotten always be remembered!!!!

Here here!!

(stepping away from the soap box now!!)

I get stereotyped all the time just because I work in the beauty industry and have blonde 'bimbette' hair. They don't realise the work and study that I have put it. People should never be judged on how they look, and for their information I was doing a computing degree but hated it and changed to beauty therapy, so I'm not dumb either!!! And I love my hair, after trying black, purple, red and blue I've settled with brown and blonde. At college we were all different ages, shapes, style, personality, and it didn't matter. We all worked hard and got on really well. At the end of the day we were all great therapists.

Latest posts

Back