The suing "business"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJo1980

Reaction score
Evenin :D
Ive had the rare oppotunity of a day off today and Ive watched a lot of TV. All day there have been constant adverts from solicitors to help you sue people.
Sue the person whos floor you slipped over on.
Sue the person whos stairs you fell down.
Sue the person who said you were 5 foot 4 when actually youre 5 foot 6.
Its ridiculous.
Is this how people make money now?
And -laughably- the Sue -ers say "theyre not doing it for the money theyre doing it for the injustice of it all"
Dear me. Yes and my uncle is Puablo Picasso.
It seems that because we are working in a service industry, we are targeted by these "victims". I follow every law and Health and Safety Guidleline but with all these adverts fuelling peoples sense of injustice, even Im a little more twitchy these days.
Blame culture. Drives me bonkers. Get a grip. Nuff Sed.
xxx

I know you're not expecting someone to be accountable for their OWN actions, are you?

Jeezuz, woman, how unreasonable can you be?

I know. Terribly unreasonable. Do you know what, I was wearing 5 inch wedges the other week and a took a tumble and cracked my ankle. It didnt actually occur to me to sue the maker of the shoe....hmmmm maybe ill jot down that number next time ;)

xxx

I know this is in direct relation to my thread you just posted on in consumer.

I want to make a claim again the "therapist" who injured me and has caused me 6 weeks of pain and possible minor surgery to deal with the aftermath. I think I'm entitled to some justice!

Yes I've reported her to trading standards but that was because her "compensation" of minx toes was trendy wraps she tried to pass off as minx. And her claiming to be trained in HD Brows when she hasn't taken the course. There is nothing they can do about what she did to me as you do not need training to wax. She claims to be trained so should have insurance for such an event.

Why shouldn't she have to face up to all her failings? I was sat sobbing afterwards. For days after once I could finally see through the scabbing enough I was biting a towel trying to get through the pain while I dealt with the ingrown hairs to stop them becoming infected.

I am now scared to even go for an eyebrow wax!

One of my 'fave' frivolous lawsuits it the prisoner who was suing because he couldn't get crunchy peanut butter in PRISON.

Ummmm...you are IN PRISON...do you really deserve ammenities? :grr:

You don't have to be trained to wax? You have to in Florida.

I had a car accident back in October. My car sustained $4K in damage. The damage to his car? His bumper fell off....that's all.

He's suing me because he says he has a sprained wrist. :irked:

There were a group of prisoners out west who tried to sue because the warden put them outside in tents. Temperatures reached in the 90s. The prisoners said it was inhumane. They also sued because they had to eat balogna sandwiches everyday.

What did the warden tell the prisoners? They shouldn't have better accommodations that our soldiers.

Lawsuit was thrown out of court.

I know this is in direct relation to my thread you just posted on in consumer.

I want to make a claim again the "therapist" who injured me and has caused me 6 weeks of pain and possible minor surgery to deal with the aftermath. I think I'm entitled to some justice!

Yes I've reported her to trading standards but that was because her "compensation" of minx toes was trendy wraps she tried to pass off as minx. And her claiming to be trained in HD Brows when she hasn't taken the course. There is nothing they can do about what she did to me as you do not need training to wax. She claims to be trained so should have insurance for such an event.

Why shouldn't she have to face up to all her failings? I was sat sobbing afterwards. For days after once I could finally see through the scabbing enough I was biting a towel trying to get through the pain while I dealt with the ingrown hairs to stop them becoming infected.

I am now scared to even go for an eyebrow wax!

This isnt actually about your situation, although your post jogged something I was thinking about earlier today.
I really dont want to turn this in to a fight, hence it being in the "chit chat" section.

You don't have to be trained to wax? You have to in Florida.

I had a car accident back in October. My car sustained $4K in damage. The damage to his car? His bumper fell off....that's all.

He's suing me because he says he has a sprained wrist. :irked:

Apparently not. All you have to do is show "care, consideration and skill".

I had a car accident when I was 18. She was at fault speeding but as I hit her it was deemed my fault. I got carted off to hospital in the back of an ambulance, blue lights and all. 3 months later she sues me for loss of earnings due to injury!

remind me who was in the ambulance on oxygen going into shock again?!

Now this may be fabrication, but someone once told me that if you get burgled, and the burgular trips over a skateboard or something and breaks his leg, he can sue you. :eek:
Blimey!

Im going to sue Tesco's next time I cant get any Granny Smiths

Now this may be fabrication, but someone once told me that if you get burgled, and the burgular trips over a skateboard or something and breaks his leg, he can sue you. :eek:
Blimey!

Im going to sue Tesco's next time I cant get any Granny Smiths

FYI, grapes are the most sued over hazard in a grocery store for slip and fall. Retirement could be right around the corner for you if you play your cards right.

Just sayin'

Holy Crap! You can rip someone's skin off!

If you read my thread in consumer queries that's exactly what happened to me.

Along with the bruising.

And it was a Hollywood too.

There were a group of prisoners out west who tried to sue because the warden put them outside in tents. Temperatures reached in the 90s. The prisoners said it was inhumane. They also sued because they had to eat balogna sandwiches everyday.

What did the warden tell the prisoners? They shouldn't have better accommodations that our soldiers.

Lawsuit was thrown out of court.

We need more wardens like this one! :)

My other 'fave' lawuit, I believe this happened in NY: A guy was going to commit suicide by throwing himself under a subway. Well, the idiot didn't die and sued the transit company for his injuries. I mean, REALLY?!?!? :eek:

If more judges would throw out these ridiculous lawsuits, we'd be in a much better place!

FYI, grapes are the most sued over hazard in a grocery store for slip and fall. Retirement could be right around the corner for you if you play your cards right.

Just sayin'

oooooh, Ill be sunning myself round yours soon :D

I take no issue with genuine cases, have actually been involved in one myself (me the sue-er) But to be honest, It wasnt worth the pain and heartache. I just dont see the point of suing at the drop of a hat.
There were ads on tv today about suing the NHS for negligence. OK in real cases I totally get it, but with cases getting more and more frequent and more and more petty, the NHS is just crippled further, making the high level of care more difficult to provide.
The people loosing out are the people paying higher taxes and higher insurance premiums because of it.

nuff sed xx

My other 'fave' lawuit, I believe this happened in NY: A guy was going to commit suicide by throwing himself under a subway. Well, the idiot didn't die and sued the transit company for his injuries. I mean, REALLY?!?!? :eek:

If more judges would throw out these ridiculous lawsuits, we'd be in a much better place!

:eek::eek::eek:
Did he win???

Certain cases I agree with you.

When I lived in Germany a british family also living out there were on a day out in Hannover. Their 3 year old son ran out in front of a taxi which ran him over. Spent a week in hospital.

They got him home from hospital to a letter telling them the taxi driver was suing them for the damage to his taxi!

Certain cases I agree with you.

When I lived in Germany a british family also living out there were on a day out in Hannover. Their 3 year old son ran out in front of a taxi which ran him over. Spent a week in hospital.

They got him home from hospital to a letter telling them the taxi driver was suing them for the damage to his taxi!

So do you think that the taxi driver was wrong then?

So do you think that the taxi driver was wrong then?

I dont know tbh. Not sure if he was speeding or not paying attention or the circumstances.

The only person not at fault IMO was the little boy. He didn't know the dangers of the road and his parents should of been able to stop him before he made it to the road and the taxi driver ought to be able to see the child unless he bolted out between parked cars and was hidden.

Latest posts

Back