The training bug!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
TRight I think I have serious issues, I can't seem to go 6 months without going in some sort of training/course!
I really should be focusing on profit and not spending but I've got the training addiction!

What can I train in next?
I'm thinking either;
Marvelscara
A-lift
Shrinking violet/some sort of wrap system
Dry spa treatments
Lvl lashes
Intimate/speed type waxing

Okay so if I could only do one (for now) which should I do? Or any better suggestions?

I totally understand this, I'm the same!
But my best bit if advice would be...look at what you offer and choose something that compliments what you already do.

Last year I decided to do 2 extra courses, one for my business and one to feed my training habit.
I did waxing and Indian head massage.
The waxing fits in with what I did already and the massage was cos I fancied it.
I do waxing day in, day out. I've done 2 ihm's.

Don't waste your money on what's not needed.

I've done lots of courses since but think if it that you don't want to be 'a jack if all trades, master of non'
My next 2 courses are nail courses as I would rather be awesome at what I do already that just be qualified in everything.
It makes a difference :)

Pick what you love most and go with that xx

Yes it's tempting to do courses all the time but I think it's best to advance in what your best treaents are. For example if you do nails, go to the next level of training in that. If you do waxing, do a more advanced course in that. Don't do a basic course hear and there, and never advance further. Keep your current skills up to date. Be the best in your area of work, best and most qualified in your treatments! Xxxxx

Hi ladies, in march I completed a hair extension course and loved it! I have a few bookings and had my first client yesterday, however I think I've caught the bug. I've just completed a business admin course but want something that compliments hair extensions, any ideas? X

i totally understand where you are coming from! i have done so many courses over the years but as been said think about what would be good for your business and even ask clients what they would like to see, even do a survey with survey monkey and attach to your facebook page....i did this and was very interesting

frances93 what about doing eyelash extensions to complement the hair extensions andthen maybe eyebrow waxing/treatments?x

That's a good idea, I was thinking along those lines but thought I'd see what others thought. Once I get a bigger client base ill venture into that, excited already haha x

Ooo thanks for lovely replies.
I definitely am very conscious of 'the jack of all trades' tag and I certainly don't want my pricelist to be crammed, however, it's already massive as it is (eeekkkk).
Nails are my main focus but I have learnt all there is (so far).

Latest posts

Back