The trend for different nail art of every finger

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Are any of you finding this trend a bit of a pain in the proverbial or is it just me? I suppose it does depend on what, exactly, and on whether you knew in advance what was expected, but I've had several clients recently just turn up with a picture from Pinterest or something and expect me to replicate it - and there'll be an assortment of bows, stripes, diamantes, glitter and flowers etc, a different thing on each nail.

It takes much longer to do because of all the faffing about - but I have to say it looks stunning (if its your sort of thing) and always attracts likes and comments on facebook - which then of course encourages more clients to come and ask you for that!!

Im going to put a thing on my page saying if you want that, tell me in advance, possibly sending a pic, so I can get it together a bit beforehand. Not sure how to word it.

How you all coping with it?

I would charge more for this type of nail service as it is your time rather than product cost that you need to charge for.

You could either charge a basic Shellac for example then a charge per nail for each design depending how intricate they want the designs to be.

I have had this 'problem' a few times. But I do have on my FB page that if you want something VERY specific that they need to send me a picture beforehand.

I hand a client booked in and as she was deciding on a colour she mentioned that she'd seen some Cath Kidston nails, I said I would do it for an extra £5. Each toe was different, but I was only charging for my extra time. She seemed to like them. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405768186.412322.jpg

I love the look but as you say it's a bit of a pain, I just smile sweetly and charge extra explaining it takes even longer than normal nail art - no one's complained yet.

Karaxxx

I have had this 'problem' a few times. But I do have on my FB page that if you want something VERY specific that they need to send me a picture beforehand.

I hand a client booked in and as she was deciding on a colour she mentioned that she'd seen some Cath Kidston nails, I said I would do it for an extra £5. Each toe was different, but I was only charging for my extra time. She seemed to like them. View attachment 70812

Sam thats a nice way of wording it, I might pinch that and reword slightly if I may :) thank you

Love those Cath Kidston nails, are they wraps or hand painted?

It's been a trend with my clients for a while and I always charge extra ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405811317.696842.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405811334.790613.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405811358.589787.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405811381.372531.jpg

I know right! Gorgeous work some people out there can do, but some, way out of my personal experience league! For the nail art that I CAN do I always add $5 per nail because some are so time consuming!

Sam thats a nice way of wording it, I might pinch that and reword slightly if I may :) thank you

Love those Cath Kidston nails, are they wraps or hand painted?

Hi, of course, steal away! But if you want my quote on quote it's

"NB: Regarding Nail Art. I welcome the disco diva, the shy retiring type and any other lady whom is brave enough to take on 10 lots of different nail art. However, if this is the case please would you send me a couple of pictures just so I know the jist, of what outcome you are hoping for."

If that helps any more?
It's all free hand, but it helps she had 'good sized toes' if you know what I mean ☺️ Ha. Xx

Latest posts

Back