The ULTIMATE nail quiz!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, what's your question?!
Ooops forgot my question.

Which fingernail has the highest yearly growth rate and at what age does nail growth peak?

The weekend is over....Comon back to school nail geeks!! :lol:

What happened to my class?? :eek:

Holidays???
I dunno, but I was enjoying our "brush up" class :cry:

Comon back my geeky sweeties, and bring your books and your questions!! :hug:

Ooops forgot my question.

Which fingernail has the highest yearly growth rate and at what age does nail growth peak?

nail growth peaks between the age of 10-14
now i'd allways been led to believe that the middle finger grew the fastest but however I found this ...In reality, the pinky finger actually has the greatest acceleration when it comes to growth. It has been recorded in recent history that the pinky nail has a 1.5% higher growth rate than any other finger nail on the hand.
dunno which is the right answer????

ok my queston is..
What is Habit tic Deformity?

nail growth peaks between the age of 10-14
now i'd allways been led to believe that the middle finger grew the fastest but however I found this ...In reality, the pinky finger actually has the greatest acceleration when it comes to growth. It has been recorded in recent history that the pinky nail has a 1.5% higher growth rate than any other finger nail on the hand.
dunno which is the right answer????

ok my queston is..
What is Habit tic Deformity?

Habit tic is a condition caused by somebody picking at thier nails.
as a result horizontal ridges in the nail.

Q what is onychocryptosis?

Habit tic is a condition caused by somebody picking at thier nails.
as a result horizontal ridges in the nail.

Q what is onychocryptosis?
A:Ingrown nails

Q: Under what circumstances would you refer a client to a physician?

A: Any sign of infection including swelling, pus etc.

Q: What is the skin called at the top of the finger just below the free edge and what does it do?

Hellllo,
and thanks for playing!
Okay, one little correction :hug:

Sterilize means to make something germ-free by destroying all bacteria. The only way possible to have a sterile area is if it is sealed off from everything like air and human contact. So even for implements Sanitation is more practical. (In the State Board grading sense).

Okay....back to the Qti's question :D
Ms Matrix, is it too late to say I did'nt understand your correction. I sterilize hard implements(nothing wih pumice or emery for example) like the ones I stated in the UV cabinet. So although it may not be sterile any more when it comes out, the process is called sterilisation?.

I checked my response in "A practical guide to beauty therapy", for NVQ level 2, 3rd edition, by Janet Simms and what I said was spot on?.

A: Any sign of infection including swelling, pus etc.

Q: What is the skin called at the top of the finger just below the free edge and what does it do?

A: hyponichium, it stops nasties from invading the nail bed and hence the nerve endings

Q: What poisonous substance is found in fingernails

Q: What poisonous substance is found in fingernails

Do you mean naturally occuring?

Arsenic can be detected in the fingernails if a person has been exposed to it, but I don't think this is what you mean.

Last edited:
Is it nitrogen found in Keratin?

Wakey Wakey Nailzoo :lol:
I want to know the answer:!:
xx:hug:xx

Do you mean naturally occuring?

Arsenic can be detected in the fingernails if a person has been exposed to it, but I don't think this is what you mean.

Correct - arsenic is normally present in human fingernails usually as a result of dietary factors.

Bump!!

We should keep this going:hug: so as Nailzoo didn't ask another question I will:green:

Why do nail biters nails eventually regrow normally after overlaying and growing out, i.e why don't they have nail plate separation?

Ive tried to find the answer to this question..but just cant find it...think youll have to tell us!

okayyy here goes (feeling geeky) atopic dermatitis of the skin reacts abnormally and easily to irritants, food, and environmental conditions and allergens and becomes red, flaky and very itchy. It also becomes vulnerable to surface infections caused by bacteria. The skin on the flexural surfaces of the joints for example inner sides of elbows and knees are the most commonly affected regions in people.
Atopic dermatitis often occurs together with other atopic diseases hay fever, asthma and conjuctivitis. It is a chronic disease and its symptoms can increase or disappear over time. Atopic dermatitis in older children and adults is often confused with poriasis. Atopic dermatitis is flicked on humans, particularly young children; it is also a well-characterized disease in domestic dogs.
Although there is no cure for atopic dermatitis, and its causes not well understood, it can be treated very effectively in the short term through a combination of prevention bylearning what triggers the allergic reactions and some anti histamine drugs.

ohhhh that was a lot to think of my head hurts now lol:)
>>forgot to add this part .... it isn't contagious but clients shouldn't be treated if the skin is very inflammed or weeping as it can result in secondary infections such as Staphylococcus (mrsa type infection)or herpes simplex (cold sores)

“If you don’t use it, you’ll lose it.”

sorry hope this is ok as just needed to add >>>as I am a new girl on this site I was neither offended nor fazed by anything on the threads .I quite happily replied because it is constructive and educational and put my tuppence worth in that can benefit the rest of us on the site by way of a learning point of view....didn't waste 11 years in my late profession for nothing . Thank you xxx

Last edited:
sqouvel ...thats squared with rounded sides

and whats the duckbill>?:eek:

i got one !!! where on your hand is the thenar muscle and the hypothenar muscle

Latest posts

Back