The ULTIMATE nail quiz!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can take up to 6 months for a finger nail to replace completely, and a year for a toe nail to replace itself, sometimes longer.

My question is.......

How many different shapes can you do an enhancement and what are they called?

erm 6 i think

square
squoval (cant think what other name is for this)
almond
round
stilleto
egyptian hat or fan?

is that it or is there more?

[/u][/b]

You would complete a client consultation form prior to any treatment in order to record important information about the client and their general health and also to find out what they would like to achieve from their treatment....this is also a record that can be referred back to for various reasons...such as an ongoing treatment to improve the condition of the nails for example.

Its also important for insurance purposes and the most important thing you would put on it is probably any allergies the client has? and other important health and medication related information, the next important thing would be the condition of the nails etc.

Hope thats correct!

My question is........

WHAT FACTORS AFFECT THE GROWTH RATE OF THE NAIL?

I hope you would remember to get the clients signature prior to each treatment commencing.

Well im stumped on this one! erm...verrucas, warts, paronychia, scabies, psoriasis, dermatits, eczema, ringworm (am i on the right track?) lol
is the golden rule that you never treat a client with broken, sore, weaping or cut skin and you never try to diagnose something yourself.....if you dont know what it is...advise them to seek medical advise first ???

You are describing Inflammations of the skin :hug:

A lesion is a structural change in tissue cause by injury and disease. I will name a few of them:

• Cyst
  • Papule
  • Pustule
  • Scar
  • Fissure
  • Tumor
  • Ulcer
  • Wheals
and the golden rule is that if the area of skin to be worked on is infected, inflamed, broken, or raised, a nail tech should NOT service the client.

Okay, as you were...AND DON'T FORGET TO ASK A QUESTION AFTER YOU'VE ANSWERED ONE! :hug:

erm 6 i think

square
squoval (cant think what other name is for this)
almond
round
stilleto
egyptian hat or fan?

is that it or is there more?

the duckbill ? :)

the duckbill ? :)
:smack: Carl, if you are not going to be nice and play along, you'll get the boot!! :lol: Now ask a good question...I know you got a doozy!

Skin Lesions!
Macules
Bullae
Vesicles
Nodules
Plaques
Papules
Pustule
Urticaria
Scales)
Crusts
Erosions
Ulcers
Petechiae
Purpura
Atrophy
Scars
Telangiectasia
ok so I didn't remember them but this question made me revise and found this site about skin!
Description of Skin Lesions: Approach to the Dermatologic Patient: Merck Manual Professional

my question is:

Name the layers of the epidermis and which form the nail plate

The layers of the epidermis..

stratum germinativum
stratum spinosum
stratum granulosum
stratum lucidum
stratum corneum

Not sure which form the nail plate though!

As the nail cells grow forward they harden.......what is this process called?

just thought..i is the two top layers of the epidermis that form the nail plate and the other three form the nail bed!

Keratinization

What is the purpose of the lunular?

Keratinization

What is the purpose of the lunular?
The lunula is where the matrix connects with the nail bed.

Q: Name and describe the skin surrounding the nail

The eponyichium, proximal nail fold and the lateral nail fold.

The nail unit is made up of several components which form, support, protect and frame the nail itself. These include the nail matrix, the nail plate, the cuticle, the nail bed and nail folds. The nail unit protects fingertips, enhances fine touch and is important as a cosmeticstructure!

(haha taken straight from my college notes!!)

Q: Starting with the letter M, i am the surrounding something within which something else originates, developes, or is contained... the formative cells or tissue of a fingernail toenail or tooth.. what am i?

The eponyichium, proximal nail fold and the lateral nail fold.

The nail unit is made up of several components which form, support, protect and frame the nail itself. These include the nail matrix, the nail plate, the cuticle, the nail bed and nail folds. The nail unit protects fingertips, enhances fine touch and is important as a cosmeticstructure!

(haha taken straight from my college notes!!)

Q: Starting with the letter M, i am the surrounding something within which something else originates, developes, or is contained... the formative cells or tissue of a fingernail toenail or tooth.. what am i?
Matrix?

I'll hold off on my next question until I'm sure I'm correct! :D

huh?:confused:

Whew!!

Q: List the ten systems that make up the human body and list the functions of each.

1.Integumentary (skin) -keeps everything inside
2.Skeletal (bones) - so you don't lay on the floor like a blob of jelly
3.Muscular - so you can move
4. Nervous-no it doesn't give you butterflies in the tummy. It bosses al the other systems around so they do the right thing
5.Circulatory- pumps the blood (and lymph)
6.Endocrine- glands which control growth, reproduction & health
7.Excretory- gets rid of the yuk stuff
8.Respiratoy- Located in the nails so don't wear too much nail polish or you'll suffocate
9.Digestive- gets the good stuff out of food
10.Reproductive-If you don't know what them bits do I'm not going to tell you:o

Quote .Respiratoy- Located in the nails so don't wear too much nail polish or you'll suffocate

lol :biggrin: love this explanation :hug:will use it when training 'newbies' see how many of them 'get' it !!!

so, what's your question?!

Latest posts

Back