The ultimate pedicure experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth would you get knives thrown at you for expressing a difference of opinion?

The thread is certainly not meant to be pretentious or snobbish at all. I simply want to give my clients the absolute best experience that I can - I'm a small, home-based business but that doesn't mean I need to languish behind the high street salons in terms of service and treatments.

Some people are perfectly happy with the way they do their treatments - and with good reason, I'm sure! That's fantastic and I'm not disparaging them at all. But I don't have colleagues to bounce ideas off, so that's why I asked my fellow pros on here.

You don't need to get it or use any of the ideas, but I hope that others have found the thread as useful as I have.

I've found it a very interesting thread and I think your pedis sound amazing! I've definitely picked up tips and ideas from you and the other geeks who have shared their pedi routines. I'm trying to promote pedis at the moment too and I don't think it does anyone any harm to re-think how they do things. I did my initial training 20 years ago and things have moved on enormously and I don't want to be left in the dark ages! X

Your pedicures sound lovely. How much do you charge for your service if you don't mind me asking? Also how long does it take you?

My pedicures can take me upto and hour and half if they have particularly neglected feet and I charge £25, £30 with gel. which I think is too cheap now I am well established and with the use of all the products the profit margin is not as much as I would want for the hard work that pedicures take.

I charge £12 for file & polish (inc cuticles- the ocd in me wont allow them to be left!)
£23 for shellac toes
£25 for a spa pedi plus polish
£35 for a spa pedi plus Shellac
£39 for a spa pedi plus Calgel

I do love a good pedi! All the skin that rasps off- lovely :D xx

I like the look of your chair Ciderella. When it's reclined fully, is it height adjustable and do the arms move? I really need to replace my ancient portable couch but I would have to be able to do facials, eye treatements and waxing on it as well. Do you think it would be suitable? I love the idea of having one multi-purpose couch and not having to accommodate a pedicure chair as well!
No the height isn't and could be an issue as it is high. I bought a white caravan step lol.
I'm only 5'1" however I can do lash lifts with it fully reclined and me sitting on an adjustable IKEA chair.
The arm rests are easily removable as the slot in
I'm impressed with it however it is big do you do need to ensure you have enough room as it is heavy and not easy to move around
If you'd like pics let me know

No the height isn't and could be an issue as it is high. I bought a white caravan step lol.
I'm only 5'1" however I can do lash lifts with it fully reclined and me sitting on an adjustable IKEA chair.
I'm impressed with it however it is big do you do need to ensure you have enough room as it is heavy and not easy to move

Wow Shellac/gel polish is heavily discounted when having a pedi, isn't it? I was thinking of adding £15 to the price of a pedi for shellac [emoji15] not £5 or £10
This is why I love this thread. Especially when you work alone.

My prices are similar to Minkey's.

File, cuticles, polish £14
File, cuticles, shellac £24

Spa pedi, polish £24
Spa pedi, shellac £34 xx

I've found it a very interesting thread and I think your pedis sound amazing! I've definitely picked up tips and ideas from you and the other geeks who have shared their pedi routines. I'm trying to promote pedis at the moment too and I don't think it does anyone any harm to re-think how they do things. I did my initial training 20 years ago and things have moved on enormously and I don't want to be left in the dark ages! X
Thank you very much :)

I'm in a similar boat myself. It's been 16 years since I started training and have tried to do as many courses as possible since.

I charge:
£15 for cuticle work, file & polish.
£30-40 for the above and spa, mask, exfoliation and massage.
+£10 for paraffin wax, callus peel or shellac
£28 for a shellac pedi

I wouldn't entertain any less than £10 to add shellac/gel polish, to be honest.

I also find that clients expect a soak in a pedi though.

Thank you very much :)

I'm in a similar boat myself. It's been 16 years since I started training and have tried to do as many courses as possible since.

I charge:
£15 for cuticle work, file & polish.
£30-40 for the above and spa, mask, exfoliation and massage.
+£10 for paraffin wax, callus peel or shellac
£28 for a shellac pedi

I wouldn't entertain any less than £10 to add shellac/gel polish, to be honest.

I also find that clients expect a soak in a pedi though.
What does your Shellac pedi include Linzi? X

Thank you.
I'm the same but had a lady expect soak, exfoliation, massage and cuticles AND Shellac - all for £18 (which was already discounted)
In your dreams madam [emoji23]

Thank you.
I'm the same but had a lady expect soak, exfoliation, massage and cuticles AND Shellac - all for £18 (which was already discounted)
Seriously?! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thank you.

I think its when we call it a Shellac Pedi. To us its obvious by the price that its just the application of Shellac polish, but I do worry about mis-communication as joe blogs reads 'pedi' & expects the works :(

Ive always called it Shellac toes to make 100% sure they know, although I don't think its as proffessional calling it that I cant cope with it being book it wrong :'( xx

You're absolutely right Minkey x

sometimes the urge is there to book ppl in for 'shellac trotters'

But Im far too professional...... pmsl! Xx

I also find I have to explain the difference between shellac Pedi (just Shellac application) and Shellac spa Pedi (foot spa, heated boots etc) but I have little descriptions of all my treatments on my price list which helps.

Just a question...what does everyone do when you get a client who's feet are a bit wiffy? :oops: When it comes to Shellac Pedis, I always do the Shellac first and then carry on with foot spa etc so their feet haven't had a soak in the water. I once had someone who's feet were clean, I disinfected them with spray etc and even wiped over with soapy water (the spray I use after cuticle away) but it didn't make a difference

I think its when we call it a Shellac Pedi. To us its obvious by the price that its just the application of Shellac polish, but I do worry about mis-communication as joe blogs reads 'pedi' & expects the works :(

Ive always called it Shellac toes to make 100% sure they know, although I don't think its as proffessional calling it that I cant cope with it being book it wrong :'( xx
This is very true.

And on my price list, I do just have it as CND Shellac. I also state that my mani/pedis are finished with vinylux.

But you always get those who haven't read the descriptions anyway! :confused:

Just a question...what does everyone do when you get a client who's feet are a bit wiffy?[/QUOTE said:
You need to wear a mask! I always mask and gloves anyway, but if that's not your habit, just have some close by for those clients.

Yes that makes sense to me :)

Do many of you offer dry pedis and do you think the client's expectations/experience and/or the treatment's effectiveness is compromised at all? I'm not suggesting that it is, just wondering and interested :) xx
Most of my pedicures are dry, and this does not change the effectiveness. personally, I prefer the result from dry.
My service list shows the three different pedicures I offer: Classic, Luxury Spa and Complete Pedicure, and a description for each. The only one that includes a foot bath is the Luxury Spa but I always offer my Complete clients a foot bath if they would like one, just for wellness. If someone has not read my descriptions and seem disappointed that there's no foot bath I will of course offer it if in my salon, but if on a mobile job it's bad luck!
So whilst the pedicures are in no way compromised without one, your client might expect and enjoy a foot bath.

I'm impressed with it however it is big do you do need to ensure you have enough room as it is heavy and not easy to move around
If you'd like pics let me know

The height might actually be an advantage to me as I'm 5'6" and suffer with backache bending to my couch, which is one of the reasons I'm looking to replace it.
I also have the same Ikea chair as you I think (from your pic!) but my current couch has a bar at the bottom of each end, making it difficult to manoeuvre the chair under. If you wouldn't mind posting more pics that would be great thanks. Can I ask where you got it from? Thank you. X

Latest posts

Back