The ultimate poll - Should sprouts go in room 101? (BTW the answer is YES!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should sprouts stay or go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
So following on from the Room 101 thread it seems that opinion is decided on the outcome of sprouts. Before you decide, I think the arguments for and against being sent to the room of total annihilation are ...

FOR

Sprouts are evil incarnate, they are little green blobs sent here by Zarg the Thunderer (mwahahaha) :evil:evil ruler of the planet Mars as a means of taking over planet earth by making us surrender to the evil odours that these little green monsters induce. Those who succumb to the powers of Zarg (mwahahaha):evil: believe that they are lickle ickle cute baby cabbages that should be preserved at all costs - all i can say is "you've been Zarged" and total takeover is imminent so watch the skies for their space ships soon :rolleyes:!

AGAINST

Well of course there isn't any argument against. THEY HAVE TO GO!!!

I'm definitely with you on this one Sass ... bin those little green nasties into oblivion!

Leave the sprouts alone - what have they done to hurt you! :lol:

Sprouts are yummy! :green:

Leave the sprouts alone - what have they done to hurt you! :lol:

They scarred me as a child, it taught me not to trust people when I was tricked into thinking they were baby cabbages ... and they hurt my nasal senses, both when being cooked and after being eaten. They just are not nice vegetables ... give me a good leek anyday!

Hmm now the vote is currently even stevens. Do I be nasty and abuse my moderating powers and say any supporters for evil veg get neg repped? Hmm think of Snap's song "I'VE GOT THE POWER" whilst you decide which way to vote. :lol::green::lol:

Keep them I love sprouts :)

The hour of sitting on your bum with two pans peeling them and then putting crosses in them is very relaxing on a sunday morning :eek:God i am turning into my mother :eek::lol:

I love sprouts too!!! Only seem to have them at Christmas though!!!!

I LOVE SPROUTS
I can't wait for the sprout season to start (I only like fresh ones) I cook them very lightly so they still have a little crunch - delicious.

Anybody that complains about the smell or after effect has only had them overcooked.

I am setting up the STS - Save the Sprout society - new members welcome:green:

Awwwww those cute little ickle fluffy baby cabbages going into room 101? Must save the sprouts (by the power of Zarg) :lol::lol::lol:

I LOVE SPROUTS
I can't wait for the sprout season to start (I only like fresh ones) I cook them very lightly so they still have a little crunch - delicious.

Anybody that complains about the smell or after effect has only had them overcooked.

I am setting up the STS - Save the Sprout society - new members welcome:green:

Count me in!

no no no and thrice NOOOOOOOOOO!

You are all Zarg (mwahahaha) mutants, you have succumbed to the mighty force of the thunder veg.

you are all doomed I say, DOOMED!

But look Sass they are sooooo pretty

Attachments

• brusselssprouts.jpg
    brusselssprouts.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 57
Oh the sprout lovers are on top yipeeeeeeeee:lol:

Does anyone have any receipe ideas other than just boiled/steamed sprouts:)

just found one it is making my mouth water yummy

Brussels sprouts with caramelised onions and toasted almonds

by Patrick Williams
from Planet Christmas

Serves 6-8

Preparation time less than 30 mins

Cooking time 10 to 30 mins

Ingredients
200g/1/2lb unsalted butter
3 Spanish onions, peeled and finely sliced
1kg/2.2lb brussels sprouts, peeled and finely shredded
150ml/¼pt vegetable oil
200g/½lb blanched almonds
pinch celery salt
freshly ground pepper

Method
1. Melt 175g/7oz of the butter in a large sauté pan and gently sweat the onions for 6-8 minutes until softened and caramelised.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the sprouts for 1 minute. Drain and refresh in ice cold water.
3. Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the almonds. Fry gently for a few minutes until lightly toasted.
4. Melt the remaining 25g/1oz of butter in a large sauté pan and sweat the sprouts for 3-4 minutes, tossing, until just softened. Stir the onions and almonds through. Season with celery salt and lots of pepper. Serve at once.

Oh the sprout lovers are on top yipeeeeeeeee:lol:

Does anyone have any receipe ideas other than just boiled/steamed sprouts:)

YEAH MASHED AND SERVED IN THE BIN :irked::irked::irked::irked:

Here we go:lol::lol:

1 lb fresh brussels sprouts
4-6 Tbsp butter
1/2 onion, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
1 Boil in water or steam brussels sprouts for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Split one open to see if it has cooked to the middle. Strain and place in a bowl of ice water to keep the color bright green. Cut into halves.
2 Sauté onions in 2-3 Tbsp of butter in a wide sauté pan until the onions are translucent. Add the brussels sprout halves and 2-3 Tbsp more of butter and cook on medium high heat for several more minutes, until the sprouts have reached your desired level of doneness. Add salt and pepper to taste while the sprouts are cooking. Whatever you do, do not over-cook, as the sprouts will be bitter.
3 Remove from heat, toss in half of the toasted slivered almonds and the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper if needed. Put into serving dish and garnish with the rest of the toasted almonds.
Serves 6-8.
Posted by Elise on Nov 15, 2005

I just love em naked and steaming:green:

Ugggghhhhhh I can't believe so many people like sprouts !!!

They taste & look hideous, yuk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back