The Velvet Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelajane

Reaction score
Just seen this advertised by Nails and Co, what does everyone think of it ?

www.nailsandco.co.uk, im not very sure about it ????? I couldnt resist, just ordered it in hot pink, cant wait to try it out.

Last edited:
Bacteria nesting den they look good and different but as previously mentiones not practical by any means

I can't see the link coz my phone won't let me but I have seen the velvet manicures and I really don't like them. Not my cup of tea and I can't imagine most clients will be too happy after the first time they go to the toilet and need to wash their hands!

The ad did say they were waterproof, and like everything else in life im not going to knock it until ive tried it, when i have done this i will be more able to comment.

But can anyone tell me of a soak off gel top coat with no inhibition layer? I only heard of buff off

I'm wearing it at the moment
I have acrylic enhancements on, I then painted them with gelish in similar colours to the fabric, used gelish top coat and sprinkled the fabric into it.
Yes I know top it off has an inhibition layer but I wiped over with isopropyl alcohol after and so far so good. They only been on since yesterday though. I love it! I'm gonna bling it up today with swarovski crystals.

I'm wearing it at the moment
I have acrylic enhancements on, I then painted them with gelish in similar colours to the fabric, used gelish top coat and sprinkled the fabric into it.
Yes I know top it off has an inhibition layer but I wiped over with isopropyl alcohol after and so far so good. They only been on since yesterday though. I love it! I'm gonna bling it up today with swarovski crystals.
Interesting,! I received mine today, am looking forward to trying it! So just to clarify did you apply ot to the sticky layer? That's what I planned on trying with shellac xx

Latest posts

Back