THE very best in hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"done an enormous amount of research over many years ,and spent a lot of money on this research "

I'd be interested to know which brands or types of hair you've used. It's certainly possible but not preferable.

I think I asked you that same question :lol:
about where you source your hair from ? and what brands you prefer too ?
as I also buy mine direct from overseas in bulk :hug: x

"done an enormous amount of research over many years ,and spent a lot of money on this research "

I'd be interested to know which brands or types of hair you've used. It's certainly possible but not preferable.

*edit* Sorry replied before i saw your own edits.

" Just to add I am not saying anything about the quality of your own type of hair
(as I haven't tried it as yet ) . and the web site certainly looks good."

Not at all! Always good to get some perspective from someone else who knows what they're talking about! Drop us a line if you'd like a sample.

I shall drop you a line :hug: ,
I would be interested in your hair types ,
just wondering is there any soft wave or curl types too ?

"just wondering is there any soft wave or curl types too"- Not at the moment- but its certainly something we'll look into in the future if demand increases.

"just wondering is there any soft wave or curl types too"- Not at the moment- but its certainly something we'll look into in the future if demand increases.

Hi , ok that would be great , well the hair does look lovely on your site , good luck with your future buisness :hug:
also what width is the weft hair ?
many thanks minky x

Thank you very much! :)

The hair is hand tied and is 138cm / 54 inches / 4.5 Feet in width- and is roughly 100g in weight.

Hair
I have tried and tested many brands of hair and can highly recommend Bohyme by Celebrity Elite - the hair is fantastic and you wont be disappointed with it at all.
Training
There is a thread already on Hair Extension training and if you take a look some have already been mentioned on that thread.
Or you could check the habia website as I do know that some of them are listen on there aswell.

I fully agree this is really top notch hair! x

Please be mindful of the Geek Commandments. If your message is for one person then send it as a PM. The likes of "I have sent you a PM" is definitely not a message that 16,000 plus people need to read.

Celebrity Elite? Good hair but rather pricey. Costs almost a third on top of what we charge. Sorry about the plug, but you ought not to be paying too much! You've got margins to consider here! :)

Dee and Becki (couple more would be nice!) If you want to drop me a line as and when (and if!) you're interested please feel free to do so....We'll even chuck in a lift from the station! :lol:

Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for..this company are really good and if your insured etc they do good discounts for bulk purchases. hth

I found it very profitable to use this hair and found that i had very few if any complaints.

That said i have also recieved samples form Extensionize and found them to be of good quality also.

If any of you would like details of my findings against other brands pm me.

hth's x

Last edited:
Ok geeks so we've heard about the products you rate :D

But most importantly,what about the education :?:

Hi , has anyone got the official guide to hair extensions
book by Theresa bullock ?
it has City & guilds and Habia on the front cover ,

I thoroughly recommend it if you are thinking about doing hair extensions ,
it will always come in handy afterwards too ,
I bought mine when it first came out quite some time ago ,

I also thought that it was a very interesting point that Extensionize made

"that if you are a fully qualified hairdresser you can do hair extensions once you have been on a professional course ,and your own insurance company usually cover you for this anyway ,

They would only need certification for insurance reasons , if the person wasn't a qualified hairdresser

This makes perfect sense for fully qualified hairdressers :hug: x

"that if you are a fully qualified hairdresser you can do hair extensions once you have been on a professional course ,and your own insurance company usually cover you for this anyway ,

They would only need certification for insurance reasons , if the person wasn't a qualified hairdresser

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not! :lol: Can you tell its Friday afternoon?

I think the point I was trying to make was regardless of certificates you should be covered for insurance reasons if you're a fully qualified hairdresser, though of course its always prudent to check. In fact, we had a call from an insurance company today who didnt cover hair extensions at all

To echo an earlier post, I must agree that Racoon do offer really good training- on the minus side you'll be restricted to learning their own bonding system- on the plus side its a very good method and the techniques are fairly interchangable across the industry. The kits are good.....just don't buy the hair from them!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not! :lol: Can you tell its Friday afternoon?

I think the point I was trying to make was regardless of certificates you should be covered for insurance reasons if you're a fully qualified hairdresser, though of course its always prudent to check.

To echo an earlier post, I must agree that Racoon do offer really good training- on the minus side you'll be restricted to learning their own bonding system- on the plus side its a very good method and the techniques are fairly interchangable across the industry. The kits are good.....just don't buy the hair from them!

Hi there , yes I was agreeing with you ,:)
you can get great some training out there that don't always give certificates,
my insurance covers for all hair extension methods ,but you do have to be a fully qualified hairdresser first,
it doesn't insure the actual hair though ,
but like you said its sensible to check out all these things first .

Personally I think Racoons training is too expensive ,

I trained with Balmain and the lady who trained me and others was fantastic , she was excellent ,

I don't use Balmains hair but thats just my own personal preference.
I prefer unprocessed natural virgin remi hair as I can fully guarantee it with full confidence,
it also takes minimal looking after
and it is guaranteed reusable hair . :hug: x

I had the book, its very informative. x

Yep. good book. Would suggest you train first then get it though- its more useful as a reference.

Latest posts

Back