The voice inside says "blog it"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Dear all,

As I scan the vast sea of chit-chat threads with love and enjoyment, I can't help but quell the little voice inside me (one of the thousands) saying:

"Hey Sam... haven't some of these guys heard of blogs?".

"Sam," I reply with kindness, "Of course they haven't. Why else would they create threads that clearly have BLOG written all over them?".

"Gee Sam... you are wise as you are buff and strong." the little voice (one of thousands) replies. "I suppose that is why you are the Grand Master Geek (GMG)".

"Yes little one... I suppose you are right" I say with a kind of solemn completeness.

The moral of the story?

If it is a discussion... It is a thread! If it is personal meanderings, stories, events, etc... In other words... if it is "all about you"... BLOG IT!

nJoy

Thank you Sam for this reminder :green:

I haven't blogged for a while, but there again I like to try and blog positive :wink2: not much going on in my life except work - work - work and oh did I mention work????

lol this did make me giggle sam lol

wise words as always xx:hug:xx

"Gee Sam... you are wise as you are buff and strong." the little voice (one of thousands) replies.
hmmmmmmm ;) lol

Fab thread :D

Dont know if I sinned or not but I'll keep it in mind :lol:

not a sin... just a nudge ;)

BTW: THanks Sandi, you reminded me to add tags to the thread too!

BTW: THanks Sandi, you reminded me to add tags to the thread too!
lmao @ the tags... I'd have thought you'd have put ''Love + Enjoyment = Blogs" :wink2:

Halleluja!

I have been itching to do a thread like this for ages - so eloquently put as only you can!

Dear all,

As I scan the vast sea of chit-chat threads with love and enjoyment, I can't help but quell the little voice inside me (one of the thousands) saying:

"Hey Sam... haven't some of these guys heard of blogs?".

"Sam," I reply with kindness, "Of course they haven't. Why else would they create threads that clearly have BLOG written all over them?".

"Gee Sam... you are wise as you are buff and strong." the little voice (one of thousands) replies. "I suppose that is why you are the Grand Master Geek (GMG)".

"Yes little one... I suppose you are right" I say with a kind of solemn completeness.

The moral of the story?

If it is a discussion... It is a thread! If it is personal meanderings, stories, events, etc... In other words... if it is "all about you"... BLOG IT!

nJoy

You have an amazing way with words boss man :D

well what can i say

some folks just have a way with words

buff = naked? confused!

buff = naked? confused!

For the reader, it's open to interpretation!

A buff is a well informed person as in , he's a nail buff

But in this instance I think it means gorgeous :green:

Dictionary definition - slang - physically atractive, muscular

Just wanted to add... lol... I think it's a word youngsters use, as in 'he's well buff!'

Old biddies like me would say, 'oooh pass me my specs'

Dear all,

Thousands of little voices? You seemed so sane when I met you in Leeds......:eek:

ok sam....i have been nudged !!!....:o

I do appreciate what you're saying and understand.

But a small part of me is confused.
Because some time ago (I tried to find the thread and couldn't), there was a discussion on this topic....
And my understanding of the thread, was that posting 'off topic' threads was ok, and those that objected, simply didn't have to read it. Freedom of choice and all that.

I also thought, when I saw the new drop down menu added to the part where you create a thread, and the option of "way off topic" was there.. I thought it was for WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic and it would be a way for those that didnt want to read personal threads to avoid them.

I'm getting familiar with the blogs and am trying to use them.

I just feel that we're getting mixed messages? or am I the only one confused?

Because sometimes, I do want more than 1 or 10 opinions as I'm sure other geeks who post in chit-chat sometimes do. Sometimes I want tonnes, and we don't always get that in blogs.

Anyway, if I'm wrong and I HAVE completely misunderstood, that's fine. Just let me know.

THANKS
:hug:

nJoy

I do appreciate what you're saying and understand.

But a small part of me is confused.
Because some time ago (I tried to find the thread and couldn't), there was a discussion on this topic....
And my understanding of the thread, was that posting 'off topic' threads was ok, and those that objected, simply didn't have to read it. Freedom of choice and all that.

I also thought, when I saw the new drop down menu added to the part where you create a thread, and the option of "way off topic" was there.. I thought it was for WAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic and it would be a way for those that didnt want to read personal threads to avoid them.

I'm getting familiar with the blogs and am trying to use them.

I just feel that we're getting mixed messages? or am I the only one confused?

Because sometimes, I do want more than 1 or 10 opinions as I'm sure other geeks who post in chit-chat sometimes do. Sometimes I want tonnes, and we don't always get that in blogs.

Anyway, if I'm wrong and I HAVE completely misunderstood, that's fine. Just let me know.

THANKS
:hug:

I think what GMG said as quoted above sums it up really.....:) so if its something that can be debated, discussed etc then fine....if its just more of a I am going on holiday, funny thing happened today etc, no real discussions then it should be in your bogs....does this help Victoria...?

Angie summed it up pretty nicely.

Though there will always be grey areas... if it is something you would write in your diary (if you diary was available to be read by 17,000 people) then blog it. Otherwise discuss it in a thread.

Wayyyy off topic is a way off topic discussion. However the team is reviewing the prefixes so that may change anyway.

FWIW: Buff is strong in this context, but it is interesting to see how people are interpreting it ;)

HTHs!

I think I get it now.

So, then a post like "this happened today when shopping for wedding dress" that's just about my day, is blog.
And then a post like "need your opinion - which dress is best" is ok for the chit-chat?

Please let me know if I've got this right.

Latest posts

Back