The Wax Show UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm in tile cross by the NEC. If you're only going on the Sunday and want to travel down with us you're more than welcome. I'll pm you later this evening and you can see what you think :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

All signed up at the Pentahotel :) make sure you speak to the events team as was quoted over £80 and over £100. Got the £65 plus breakfast.

C

If you aren't on the £65 / £75 room rate call the hotel and press Option 2 (not 1 for reservations) before Saturday and they will swap you over to the cheaper rate!

Our Speaker from California is on her way and we have even had some people book to fly in from Norway to come!

I just hope I remember to pack everything I need to into the car to bring down.

Looking forward to it.

For some reason I have agreed to be the model for the leg waxing demo. Now all I've got to do is find some pants that I'm not ashamed to be seen in!!!

You want to avoid that Bridget Jones moment where you realise you have put on sensible pants.

Trying to concentrate on this wet shave demo whilst geek spotting! Lol

The show was BRILLIANT. So much awareness especially welcoming Transgender clients; thank you Michelle and Ruth.

I won a prize. Thank Andy and Mat!

Lorraine

Trying to concentrate on this wet shave demo whilst geek spotting! Lol

So gooooood. Need a steady hand ...

WOW!

I am completely shattered, but just completely blown away by the day - it was truly amazing! All the speakers were awesome and great to see and learn from.

There were just so many highlights for me. But seeing everyone in the bar on Saturday night, at lunchtime, in the marketplace at breaks all networking and swapping stories, finding out each others little hints and most of all inspiring each other was one of the biggest!

And thanks to fellow SalonGeek Ruth Mills for co-presenting one of the most anticipated talks of the day about welcoming transgender clients.

I told Andy he had to do closing remarks because I'd have started crying if I did them - I am so immensely proud of the day and what we achieved, and of everyone who came. I nearly had to get the tissues out as it was - so good job I didn't say anything.

Mat

You have every reason to be proud Mat, it was such a great day and as you said so many highlights.

It was lovely to meet such an amazing bunch of people. Well done to both you and Andy for pulling off such a fab day.

WOW!

I am completely shattered, but just completely blown away by the day - it was truly amazing! All the speakers were awesome and great to see and learn from.

There were just so many highlights for me. But seeing everyone in the bar on Saturday night, at lunchtime, in the marketplace at breaks all networking and swapping stories, finding out each others little hints and most of all inspiring each other was one of the biggest!

And thanks to fellow SalonGeek Ruth Mills for co-presenting one of the most anticipated talks of the day about welcoming transgender clients.

I told Andy he had to do closing remarks because I'd have started crying if I did them - I am so immensely proud of the day and what we achieved, and of everyone who came. I nearly had to get the tissues out as it was - so good job I didn't say anything.

Mat

Well done Matt and Andy. Great show. Looking forward to the next one.

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. See you again Matt.

Special thanks to Andy, Mat and the team for an amazing event! I really enjoyed it, and the talk I did with my colleague Michelle on welcoming transgender clients went down really well.

If anyone missed our talk who wanted to see us, I've uploaded it to YouTube here...

Welcoming Transgender Clients - YouTube

so glad it went so well xxx

really hope to be at the next one xxx

Well, what a fantastic weekend that was!!

Thank you so much to Mat, Andy and their team of hard working assistants. You did such an amazing job. A well organised, slick operation, you should be very proud of yourselves xx

Our very own Ruth, together with her colleague Michelle delivered a most interesting and informative talk on welcoming transgender clients into the salon - thanks ladies you rocked!

We met many great people over the weekend and thanks to all of you who visited us at the marketplace, sorry if we didn't get to spend as much time with you all as we would have wanted.

We are very much looking forward to your next show.

I was so sorry to miss this, due to my stepdaughter's wedding, hard to get out of that one eh?

I will be there next year though as I know I missed so much this year. So pleased everyone had such a great time!:D

We are going to be sending out a survey to everyone who attended to get feedback, and also create one to get some insight into what people would like from the next one!

And thank you shedunlop for the introduction to Adam & Eve, it was great to meet them!

It was indeed an amazing day! It was so good to see so many different wax brands together without any ill feeling or competition, so professional and mature.
The speakers were great and the hotel was lush ;)
I had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful fellow waxers from Norway and the USA, not everyday that happens!
Cant wait for the next one. Well done Andy, Mat and the team. x

It was indeed an amazing day! It was so good to see so many different wax brands together without any ill feeling or competition, so professional and mature.
The speakers were great and the hotel was lush ;)
I had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful fellow waxers from Norway and the USA, not everyday that happens!
Cant wait for the next one. Well done Andy, Mat and the team. x

There is more than enough hair out there for all of us!!
We had a great time and met some lovely people from other wax brands.

Special thanks to Andy, Mat and the team for an amazing event! I really enjoyed it, and the talk I did with my colleague Michelle on welcoming transgender clients went down really well.

If anyone missed our talk who wanted to see us, I've uploaded it to YouTube here...

Welcoming Transgender Clients - YouTube

I learnt a lot from this talk, especially awareness and not to take things for granted and communication is KEY. Thank you both. This is a very important area; one of acceptance and integration. Grateful!

WOW!

Mat

Mat and Andy

It was great. As a newbie and no prior education in waxing, I took 15 pages of notes. I didn't know about hot wax, warm wax, waxing strips, contra-indications, double dipping, single dipping and waxing terminology, however that changed by the end of it. A career in waxing is definitely in the pipelines. AND the Shave Doctor; now that is something to consider. I like the idea of that.

Two days would have suited me :) would be good for people like me with no experience or people wanting to specialize, two areas that I relate to. Another Wax Show next year, same place, same time, right? :)

Didn't get a certificate. Is that coming via email?

Latest posts

Back