The weave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks. Iv popped over from nails & skin to ask you your opinions on the hair weave!
One of my clients has recently had one & before she said anything I thought it was her natural hair, looked really good. She said it felt fine, just slightly itchy for the first few days & a slight headache for the first day or so!!
What are your professional opinions?? Iv heard from other girls that it gives you massive tension headaches & snaps hair off. Also what is the exact procedure do to speak!!
Thanks for any advice :)

I personally dont recomment sew in weaves on caucasion hair. Our hair isnt strong enough to cope with it. Alot of my clients have mentioned bad head aches and pulling out their own hair.x

A micro ring weft would be a good alternative to a weave

I do the micro sew in, and it's very popular! 3 weeks into it I advise having the weft slid back up. Some clients try and leave it as long as poss though and I take it all out and replace the same weft

I do the sew in micro weave also and my clients love it! Don't get the pleated one it will cause damage and heavy matting xx

I do the sew in micro weave also and my clients love it! Don't get the pleated one it will cause damage and heavy matting xx

What do you mean by the pleating one? x

If there getting headaches it's usually because their hair has been plaited too tight I myself get them done but I have mixed hair my Caucasian friends have had it done but just a few tracks for added length and thickness all depends on the hairdressers, not sure if you watch the kardashian but they all get weave blended into their own hair

Thanks everyone.
I'm still undecided :-/

Latest posts

Back