the worst hair experence ever

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudie9

Reaction score
i went to a well known salon for my hair highlight to day and iv never felt so awfull about my hair the stylist was a friend of mine and is quilfied and been working in the salon for almost a year a star section was higlight and toned but it was left on far to long in now it looks green and not only that the nds are orange now i can sort it out myself by going back dark but i was there over 3 hours and the jounior washed of my colour and nearly drowned me had a big white ring where my make up had been washed off and then she did a blowdry which considering shed been there a while was absolutly pants now i now its a hard thing to grasp but if she was findin haard it surly she should practise on a block as no1 is perfect not only that the staff were so disorginased the only person who seemed to car was the manager and she wasnt that concered. the had a nail tech there and i saw what she done for a manicure on paying clients there was varnshis all over the cuticle and the vernish wer gloopy im quite sure why im posting this im jus so upset with my hair

Bless you, I would demand (nicely) that they fix it, don't dye it dark it yourself, ask them to do it, or have you lost faith in them?

I had a disaster once - I had my hair cut by the (now ex) junior of my friend and she made me look like Hitler! I have quite short hair at the back and was trying to grow the front, I let her cut it as a college assessment. It was terrible, the assessor just ignored her, let her get on with it. She just kept cutting and cutting, trying to even out her mistakes it was awful!! In the end she just tried to pull my fringe across to make it look longer - hence the Hitler look. And to make it worse, after I had finished crying she asked me "Who is Hitler?! Was he something to do with Anne Frank?!:eek:"

Worrying!!
x

well i am a hairdresser so i no what im doing and im naturally a dark head any way so its to much hassel its sjus annoying as it was such a bad experience thanks for sharing though its jus terriable how some people can just carry on when there are unsure what to do its way more professional to ask for help then to end up doing a bad job

you would've thought if they knew you were a hairdresser they would have tried extra hard. I know if I do a beauty treatment on a fellow therapist I am a bit nervous!!

Hope you get it sorted x

what toner do you think they used for it to go green?

the only time ive heard of hair going green and orange -is when reclouring with a wrm brown over old h/l - ask 4 your notes you should be able to get them if there a problem tell them its the data protection act . whoever next does your hair needs to know exactly whats going on

i only went in as a favour for my friend and im not sure what they put on its lucky im a stylist myself and just coloured over it

Tempory fix ,try putting tomato sauce on it ,the pigment will neutralise the green hue Dianaxxxxx

hair goes green because there was not enough red in the base tint when tinting over blond you must always put some red ,generally half and half ,if concentrated red use 2/3 inches if ya dont it will go a khaki green Diana xxxxxxx

Hi , when she did the star section blonde did she put brown colour underneath ?
sometimes if colours are not shampooed out the right order the brown can run into the blonde producing a khaki effect ,

it also sounds like on the blonde part,
the ends wouldn't lift to blonde because there has been to much dark on them ,
which produced the orange effect ,
and the roots sound like they lifted a bit too much and then absorbed the brown if it was put on ?
or the ashen toner :hug: x minky

lol guys i no why it happened lol i have quialfied lol i was a model for my friend it it lifted fine and it jus needed an ash toneer on but they used a i think an 8 but i dont no what brand but im guessing it was an ash but they left it on for like 45 mins so hence the grey tones but it looked khiaki i should of said that instead of grean sounds like i ment green as in grass lol well iv sorted it out my self now jus my head is a little sore :confused: but il live lol

Latest posts

Back