The worst home Hair jobs that needed a professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have blonde foils and thought I would touch up myself due to lack of $$ with a cap and streaking kit.

But instead of using the cap I made my own 'foils'. Gahh I laugh out loud just thinking about it. So the bleach leaked everywhere and I had two great streaks a la, ginger spice.

Immediately I washed it off and RAN to chemist. Got a permanant dark blonde (my natural colour) and whacked it on.

So then my hair looked black and the bleached bits at the front had an attractive dishwasher grey tone.

Hmmm, then hours at the HD stripped the dishwater and strategically placing caramel foils.

Ooops.

Ok, Cherry blossom that would be great I'm glad it was a success :hug:
Ill look forward to seeing the pics cheers, :hug: minky

Pics of my hair from blond to brown

Pics of my hair from blond to brown

Hi cherry blossom , I absolutely love it and the hair cut is fab too, (who did it ? )
a lovely warm choccy brown too,

I am so glad it went well for you , I must admit I think I like it better dark , also though, on the other hand you can also carry the blonde off very well too a bit like the same way Madonna does ,

looks lovely thanks for taking the time to post us the pics most interesting to see, :hug:

I have blonde foils and thought I would touch up myself due to lack of $$ with a cap and streaking kit.

But instead of using the cap I made my own 'foils'. Gahh I laugh out loud just thinking about it. So the bleach leaked everywhere and I had two great streaks a la, ginger spice.

Immediately I washed it off and RAN to chemist. Got a permanant dark blonde (my natural colour) and whacked it on.

So then my hair looked black and the bleached bits at the front had an attractive dishwasher grey tone.

Hmmm, then hours at the HD stripped the dishwater and strategically placing caramel foils.

Ooops.

Hi there, what a nightmare :eek:,
Have you any before and after pics pics at all ?
or just pics of what is like now after your hairdressers visit ? :hug:

Hi Minky,

Actually this little disaster was awhile ago. I'm fairly sure that the damage has grown out. I really like my HD and think she does a great job with colour, athough I worry about being boring with the same style all the time. When you have fine, straight hair though there's not much choice.

I'll attach a pic and you can judge for yourself :green:

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7136&c=504

Hi Minky,

Actually this little disaster was awhile ago. I'm fairly sure that the damage has grown out. I really like my HD and think she does a great job with colour, athough I worry about being boring with the same style all the time. When you have fine, straight hair though there's not much choice.

I'll attach a pic and you can judge for yourself :green:

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7136&c=504

Hey WoW , I love it its fab ,
I like the gorgeous creamy blonde slices in it,
it really suits you and all the different tones really make it really eye catching,
Tell your hairdresser she is Excellent and does great Top notch colour work,
How long does it take her to do a full colour job on your hair ?
going to be nosey now and ask ,
what do you ask your hairdresser for when you go for the colour ?
and do you know what she uses ? :hug:

:hug:Thanks minky. Very sweet of you to say. The funny thing is nearly everytime I go in to have it done, another woman there will say - "that's just what I want". So I always make sure to point out to her what great colours she does!

I'm 99.99% sure she uses L'Oreal. It comes in a purple box with silver writing. Two are tints and one is bleach.

My hair has ALOT of colour in it and this has taken time to build up. When I first started blonding so to speak, I had a cap and bleach. Then I wanted a more blended effect so had the two blonde foils. When it gets too Pamela though I have her tone it down with the caramel (as after self disaster also).
We mainly use the same three which she has on file but often I will ask her to base them on my part, or fill more colour in around the side above my ears, as these tend to miss colour and you get all blonde when hair is out, and brunette when its up, which I hate.

Time wise a full head of foils about 60mins, plus processing time, plus wash, cut and dry. Maybe 45mins for half head.

:green:

just bumping this topic up

a client loved her d.i.y job until she dyed her hair and it went green she walked into the salon with a cap on and begged for something to be done :eek:

just bumping this topic up

a client loved her d.i.y job until she dyed her hair and it went green she walked into the salon with a cap on and begged for something to be done :eek:

what did you do????....i went to college for 2 years to train as a hairdresser...did not pass as i bumed around alot :smack:...but i cut my own hair...shave my hubby head...my daughters..step son and son...when i took my son to the hairdressers once she asked ME how i done it :eek:..i colour all our hair aswell...am i naughty...after these storys i dont know!!!.when i cut my daughters hair i will take befre and after pcs to show you all xxxxxxx

Great thread, in the past I have, attempted to lighten my hair and gone such a bright shade of orange I am sure that more then one car driver got whip lash taking a second look while I was on my way to see the miracle workers:lol:
Had a hair dresser who removed my fringe:eek: yep my full long fringe was cut back to stubble, I was so shocked at what she was doing that by the time I had found my voice it was to late, tried to strip out the black:rolleyes: I look quiet good with green hair, and have:
LEARNED MY LESSON the only thing I do to my hair is wash and condition it, everything else is down to my lovely hairdresser Marie:hug:

well to cut a long story short cant remember it all as it was a few years ago now but she was over for her hols from australia, the colour she put on top of her normal hair colour which was different as she couldnt find the same one which at the time im pretty sure she said was an ash blonde the colour grabbed more than normal in certain places mostly the ends and it was very patchy which turned green,

her hair was very porous at the time so first thing i did was to do a strand test on her hair to see what i could acheieve as far as correcting it would go, the only thing i wanted to do was remove the green/ash colour i didnt want to add more colour on top of what she had done herself

so on he test strand i mixed some bleach and some warm water and then applied it to the strand of hair and checked it constantly after about 5 mins the green/ash colour started to lift out of the hair so i kept washing it off and applying it until the green was all out it didnt take to long but i constantly checked it and it worked

so then i applied it to the rest of her hair where it had turned green bearing in mind it wasnt all over her head just literally in patches and more to the end of the hair, once it was all removed it was washed and then giving a really good condition and then she had the ends cut to strengthen her hair up a bit and styled as she would normally she was happy with the end result and whenever she is over here for a hoilday always comes back in now:)

Worst home hair job I was privvy to was several years ago. A flat-mate and I agreed to help another flat-mate to bleach her hair blonde. Unfortunately the temporary black dye that had 'washed out' hadn't. The poor girl had beautiful blonde inch long roots, the rest of her hair was goldfish-orange.

My hair is so oily I do this every 6 months. I'm usually blue-black but twice a year I'll bleach my hair to help dry it out and then re-dye it black. Needless to say, when I bleach it I'm bright orange with white-blonde roots. Not a good look but I re-dye it black immediately.

I'm every hairdressers worst nightmare. I've cut and coloured my own hair since I was about 10. I was in primary school when I cut my hair for the first time and haven't stopped. Funnily enough, I'm always being asked if I'm a hairdresser.

Latest posts

Back