Therapist locator on Sienna x website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm just wondering if any of you pay to be listed on the Sienna x website and if you do then how are you finding it?

Is it getting you any business and how would you know?

Just wondering if I should do this or put my money into advertising in something else. It would be great to hear what you think!

Kylie -x-

I would pay to be on their salon locator site. Do a wee bit of marketing and promotion yourself. Good luck! xx

I'd save your money, and spend some time listing yourself on as many *free* directory websites as possible, e.g. Hotfrog, FreeIndex, Gumtree, Thomson Local, etc.

Or, if you've got Google Analytics on your website, maybe take a punt on the Sienna X locator thing for a year - then you can always knock it on the head next year if you find you get absolutely zilch hits to your website from it, and zero new client referrals.

I'm always very sceptical of these paid-for listings which end up costing more than you would have paid out for your own dedicated website (especially if you go down the free website, e.g. Weebly route). There are many that would cost you a hell of a lot more than the Sienna X one too (but you usually get cold-called and subjected to a high-pressure sales pitch for those)...

I agree with Ruth.I emailed them asking to be on their site and I was told it was £75 plus VAT for a year. I was a bit taken aback when I received the email, surely it pays them to have their therapists locations shown? I chose not to bother. I think I gave them enough money when I spent a small fortune on their kit/training etc.

I agree with Ruth.I emailed them asking to be on their site and I was told it was £75 plus VAT for a year. I was a bit taken aback when I received the email, surely it pays them to have their therapists locations shown? I chose not to bother. I think I gave them enough money when I spent a small fortune on their kit/training etc.

That's 90 quid a year with the VAT! And for what? Some data entry person who's probably not on much more than minimum wage to type your details into their database - after that, the web server and database will be doing most of the work. Get 10 people signed up, and you could easily pay for renting your own dedicated server for that! After that, the rest is pure unadulterated profit...

Thank you for your replies guys!
Ruth that is exactly as I thought. I may as well do more online directories (if I can find any more lol) and spend the cash advertising in the local directory.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back