Therapy Couches. I've chosen 3. Please Advise.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
After more research, I think I have narrowed my beauty therapy couch choices down to the following 3.

These are my requirements:
1. Must be static and have adjustable backrest. (Can't afford height
adjustable).
2. Chrome or white.
3. On a budget so really can't afford more than £150 - £170 max.
4. Needs to be fairly firm and steady as I do plan to do body therapy next
next year.

The couches are as follows:
1. J&S Hair & Beauty Supplies - Therapy Warwick Couch £159.99
2. Therapy 2000 - Warwick Exam Couch £159.99 (not 100% sure if the
same as the above couch?)
3. Salons Direct - Skin Mate beauty Couch £169 (my only reservation
with this is that the legs look like they may obstruct where the
therapist feet should be during a facial).

Your opinions please peeps especially if you have knowledge with any of these couches. Thanks xx

388___img1

Attachments

• Beaty Couch Therapy 2000.bmp
    66.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Beauty Couch Skin Mate.jpg
    Beauty Couch Skin Mate.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 26
Not had experience of any of these couches Tracey but just one quick question - do you have the space for your couch to be a permanent fixture - I notice that none of these couches are portable so dont look they can be folded up when not used.

I didnt realise how much of a pain a couch can be when it is in the way all the time when you are trying to make room for everything else.

Mmmmmm, another very valid point hun.

I don't plan to be mobile which is why I have opted for static couches. I have been advised that the mobile ones cost more for the convenience of being mobile. I have also opted for static because I am worried that some of the mobile ones look a bit flimsy (please don't shoot me mobile therapists, I need your input too, lol) and I plan to eventually do massage, so I really need something hardy and robust IYKWIM.

The room for my planned salon is a large master bedroom.

i know a therapist who has the one thats in the large photo & she likes it & clients think its comfortable, i have a mobile one that i use which is a skin mates one which is height adjustable which i am glad about as i like it higher when im waxing than i do when im massaging, i rent a room & wont change the bed until i can get an electric couch as i like being able to change the height. dont know if this helps but its another thing to think about.

i got mine from ebay at a bargain price from feel good therapy, couch is fantastic and only paid £77 plus £20 delivery!

Do not get the first one !!!

The previous salon I rented in got this couch for me and although it looks lovely and is actually a great height for facials it is far to low for massage, I did one full body on it and never again I was in agony after, it is far to low for massage.

I have to say I don't like the look of the second one either, the legs look a bit odd ?!

Can't see picture of third one so can't comment on that, sorry !

Hi

I have the couch you have in your picture(the large pic in your thread) i find it excellent, sturdy and comfortable.

Also if you have limited space with a few nice storage baskets the rack underneath the couch is great product storage!

happy setting up !!:hug:

Can't see the last pic, but the first looks the sturdiest. Haven't actually seen any of these for real so can't be any more help.

I'm gonna be looking for a couch soon so interested to see the outcome of this.

i know a therapist who has the one thats in the large photo & she likes it & clients think its comfortable, i have a mobile one that i use which is a skin mates one which is height adjustable which i am glad about as i like it higher when im waxing than i do when im massaging, i rent a room & wont change the bed until i can get an electric couch as i like being able to change the height. dont know if this helps but its another thing to think about.
Unfortunately, the height adjustable ones are out of my price range.

Do not get the first one !!!

The previous salon I rented in got this couch for me and although it looks lovely and is actually a great height for facials it is far to low for massage, I did one full body on it and never again I was in agony after, it is far to low for massage.

I have to say I don't like the look of the second one either, the legs look a bit odd ?!
How tall are you Bombini? I thought it would be worth asking as you may be taller than me. I'm about 5ft 6 1/2.

Can't see picture of third one so can't comment on that, sorry !

Can't see the last pic, but the first looks the sturdiest.

Click on the link for the 3rd pic. I've just checked it again and the link is working for me so it may just be a blip yourside :hug:. Don't know how it appeared like that on my thread though because it should have appeared as a thumb nail. Sorry, lol. In all honesty, it looks very similar to the big pic.

Unfortunately, the height adjustable ones are out of my price range.

How tall are you Bombini? I thought it would be worth asking as you may be taller than me. I'm about 5ft 6 1/2.

Im am 5'4 ! Just !! lol

It's funny you know because when I have massage done at my chiro's they actually lower the couch right down(much lower than I would when carrying out massage)

I asked about this and was told you can get a deeper pressure.

I agree with Juliette it's crucial to have the right height for your couch however I personally would love a height adjustable one so I could play around and just see what it would be like having the couch lower....probably kill my back and render me usless:lol:

Latest posts

Back