thermal mitts/booties....help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotnailz

Reaction score
Hi all,
doing my Pedi assignmentfor VTCT Man/ped and I'm a bit stuck.
I have to research professional pedicure ranges and find out witch companies use thermal mitts/boots. So far have found only Professionails and Nailtiques which use these. My assignment marker is really harsh (i know this cos of the feedback i got when handing in my manicure assignment!). have searched Scholl, Creative, OPI, Star, Orly and Alessandro so far and nothings come up for thermal mitts.
Any ideas where to look next or am I ok using the 2 companies I've found. are these professional ranges...I've never seen them in shops..or are there other companies out there?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

jane xx

Hi,

I am sure nsi use mitts/booties. I hope this helps.

Good luck with your course.

Jessica use the booties& mitts too.

The Body Shop use them!

Creative use them too, well at least they sell them.

However, if I understand your question correctly, you can use heated booties & mitts with any of the professional products out there. You just custom make your treatments.

For instance, if I do a Solar Manicure, after I've done all the various bits and bobs, I can then apply SolarButter, cover them in plastic bags (can't remember the correct name) and put them in heated mitts. If I want to take it a bit further than that, I can apply SolarButter, Paraffin wax and follow the rest of the procedure.

HTH's

River

Do any of you use heated booties or mitts with the SPA manicure or pedi, if yes at what stage.

I'm sorry but who sets these stupid questions in the first place? You can use heated mitts with flipping vaseline if you wanted to - wouldn't do much good though. Not having a go at you hun so don;t think I am, I wonder if some of these people live in the real world!

When doing a SPA manicure i use the heated mitts after putting on the exfoliating crystals. But with the SPA pedi there does not seem to be a logical stage to use the booties. Be silly to use after applying the marine masque as this gives a cooling feeling, so was only asking your thoughts. Sorry you thought it was such a silly question!

Thanks for yr answers...the prob is with a company like Creative, all the professional ranges they sell, I can't access on the web as I have to be registered with them as a professional (which of course I'm not yet!) So all the good info I can't access yet!! - talk about catch 22 !! It's the same with the other professional companies...I can't get the info i want - it's really bloody frustrating. Karin, I don't think sassy Hassy was having a go at you - i think she was referring to the people who set the assignment questions...and i agree - they are bloody stupid!

I'll keep looking..any more suggestions greatly received (back to the pc screen...yawn.)

Sassy Hassy said:
I'm sorry but who sets these stupid questions in the first place? You can use heated mitts with flipping vaseline if you wanted to - wouldn't do much. Not having a go at you hun so don;t think I am, I wonder if some of these people live in the real world!

Aaah but this is the world of VTCT - most of the people who teach this are not in touch with what goes on in salons, just what happens in college. You can't be assessed if you are wearing 2 pairs of earrings or no lipstick on etc God I'm ranting sorry

Karin said:
When doing a SPA manicure i use the heated mitts after putting on the exfoliating crystals. But with the SPA pedi there does not seem to be a logical stage to use the booties. Be silly to use after applying the marine masque as this gives a cooling feeling, so was only asking your thoughts. Sorry you thought it was such a silly question!

Oh Karin hun no no no,NOT YOU!!! I was referring to the orginal question!!! I am amazed at what some of these colleges set as assignments!

Thanks Sassy x

Latest posts

Back