They broke into my Car!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulnails03

Reaction score
Well geeks,

I am devastated today because last night my car was broken into. :cry:

I went out lastnight and left my car outside my friends house as usual. We had a great night and I didn't get up till late. I went to my car and my back seat was down, which I thought was really strange. But I just figured I was so drunk that maybe I had done it last night without realising. ;)

Then I got in my car and saw that my passenger door wasn't locked. I couldn't believe I hadn't locked it because I was sure I remembered doing it. I never forget to do that. Nothing seemed to be missing so I just figured I was lucky nobody had noticed. :eek:

I tryed pushing it down to lock it but it wouldn't budge, then I noticed that my stereo had been stolen! :cry: I was gutted, so I went to get my friends Dad because I didn't know what to do.

He showed my that they had popped the lock with a screwdriver, and they have made a right mess of my door at the same time. I was really upset but knew there was nothing I could do, I cant claim on the insurance because it will knock my insurance back up and the value of the stuff isnt worth it.

I started to drive home, and then I realised that they have also taken my case full of nail things that I had in the boot! :cry: :cry:

I couldn't believe it because I never leave stuff like that in my Car, but I was meant to do my friends nails before we went out so I took it with me. It had all my nail art things in, my files, enamels, my big bottle of Super Shiney, and my Mosaic powders and my glitters!

I couldn't stop crying, and the Police were no help. I took my Car there thinking that they would want to check for finger prints and examine it. But apparently I just have to call to get a ref number! (How stupid did I feel! :o )

I can't believe they go on and on about Car crime but when it comes to it they do nothing!! :evil:

Anyway peeps, thats my rant for today and now I'm crying again! I'm just so mad that they would do that to me! I don't have money to replace it just yet and who the hell do they think they are! Just because somebody has something a bit better than them they think it is there right to take it! :evil:

Sorry for going on but I needed to get it out of my system! Anyway I should be grateful that they didn't steal my car. It could have been a lot worse.

I am so sorry to hear your car got broken into, i no exactly how you feel, mine did a few years ago and they stole my stereo. I too had my car dammaged they pulled the door open at the top and bent the metal, why they couldnt just break the window winds me up.

Any way more to the point do you have insurance for doing nails because i do and it covers £500 worth of nail products if stolen from your car. So you should check that.

Well cheer up, at least you still have the car.

Take care
Lisa x

You poor thing - I do understand how you feel- 2 weeks ago some evil git took a big knife to my MR2 and cut a huge hole in the roof (£800 to repair) - can't afford to do it on insurance as only just repaired the nice key marks down the other side from some gits - :twisted: just remember what goes around comes around and hopefully their nails will get greenies and pus will oouse and then they drop off!!!!!!!! but chin up at least you are well and do beautiful nails...and dry those eyes now and think you can still get out & about...hope you feel better soon and the upset disappears

Oh babe
dont it just make you boil..........you work hard to get nice things and then some low life just helps themselves :evil:
Happened to me a few years back but unfortunatly for me there where still in the car as I approached they jump out punched me ~(nice back eye) so chin up babe and as Fab Freak saud dry those eyes.

Take care Dawnie xxx

Thats awful and I can completely sympathise with you, I did exactly the same before I was fully qualified and I lost all my products and had to start again. To top it off, when the police found my car I wasn`t allowed to go and pick it up, they had to take it for forensics whixh cost me £100 to get out again. Then it cost me £500 to put the damage right, thats without all my products that went missing. I couldn`t claim for any of it cos I only had third party insurance, It would have been better if the card had never been found.
I hope, as Lisa says, you have insurance to cover your products, I know I do now, although I don`t think I`d leave my stuff in the car any more.
I don`t suppose for one minute any of us are making you feel any better but I do hope we`re not making you feel worse. We`re all thinking of you and wishing you well

I really feel for you. It just makes your blood boil, you can work to better yourself and someone can come along and just help themselves.

My beautiful sign written purple jeep was broken into three weeks ago. Fine, the took the stereo, but they busted the back door lock and have damaged the paintwork. Like you I don't want to claim on my car insurance. Also, like you, I called the Police. If anything like this happens to me again, I think I will ring McDonalds, they might be more interested than the Police!!

Have you got a local "Cash Converter" store? Sometimes things end up there for sale.

Onwards and upwards girl. Don't let them get to you.

beautifulnails03 said:
Well geeks,

I am devastated today because last night my car was broken into. :cry:

I went out lastnight and left my car outside my friends house as usual. We had a great night and I didn't get up till late. I went to my car and my back seat was down, which I thought was really strange. But I just figured I was so drunk that maybe I had done it last night without realising. ;)

Then I got in my car and saw that my passenger door wasn't locked. I couldn't believe I hadn't locked it because I was sure I remembered doing it. I never forget to do that. Nothing seemed to be missing so I just figured I was lucky nobody had noticed. :eek:

I tryed pushing it down to lock it but it wouldn't budge, then I noticed that my stereo had been stolen! :cry: I was gutted, so I went to get my friends Dad because I didn't know what to do.

He showed my that they had popped the lock with a screwdriver, and they have made a right mess of my door at the same time. I was really upset but knew there was nothing I could do, I cant claim on the insurance because it will knock my insurance back up and the value of the stuff isnt worth it.

I started to drive home, and then I realised that they have also taken my case full of nail things that I had in the boot! :cry: :cry:

I couldn't believe it because I never leave stuff like that in my Car, but I was meant to do my friends nails before we went out so I took it with me. It had all my nail art things in, my files, enamels, my big bottle of Super Shiney, and my Mosaic powders and my glitters!

I couldn't stop crying, and the Police were no help. I took my Car there thinking that they would want to check for finger prints and examine it. But apparently I just have to call to get a ref number! (How stupid did I feel! :o )

I can't believe they go on and on about Car crime but when it comes to it they do nothing!! :evil:

Anyway peeps, thats my rant for today and now I'm crying again! I'm just so mad that they would do that to me! I don't have money to replace it just yet and who the hell do they think they are! Just because somebody has something a bit better than them they think it is there right to take it! :evil:

Sorry for going on but I needed to get it out of my system! Anyway I should be grateful that they didn't steal my car. It could have been a lot worse.

i am so sorry they really are the lowest of the low. please dont let it get you down too much ,yes you still have your transport that is a big thing. my car was broken into on the car park at st james hospital leeds.when i was walkin back to my car i saw two young lads at my car, one had a bucket and sponge in his hands pretending to wash the windscreen but i was too late they had already got into it scum! get a glass of wine and chill. dont forget monday madness give me a pat on the shoulder im not good at remembering faces so need reminding,keep smiling dont let them win xx

oh i'm so sorry thats awfull people do some horrible things dont they and stealing your nail stuff and radio no wonder your crying I would be too, you poor thing. :evil: horrible people I hope they get caught!!!

Thank You all for your kind words.

I spent most of today crying about it because its my first car and its my pride and joy, and the thought of some scabby freak being in it without my permission makes me so angry. It's just a huge cost that I could do without at the moment, especially seen as though all the bills for my Salon have decided to come at once! :eek:

But now I think I've just accepted it and I'm hoping I might be covered for my nail things by the ANT. As for my stereo, well I'll just have to sing for a while!! ;) (It's okay I will keep my windows up so nobody else has to suffer! :D )

I was in shock at first but really it's Friday 13th so I shouldn't have expected any less. :twisted:

Listening to your own stories has just made me realise that I am actually quite lucky. Especially yours Dawnie, that must have been awful!!

So as bad as this feels at the moment at least I know that I am not alone! (Being hormonal isn't helping though! :cry: ) But I have received lots of cuddles which has been nice! :biggrin:

Anyway, Thank you all and Take lots of care.
Like you say Glynis 'onwards and upwards'.

Victoria x

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. I had my handbag stolen recently with my PDA in that my husband had bought me for christmas. Thankfully it was recovered so you should not give up hope yet.

In the mean time lets see what we can all do - what was in your kit that you lost. We all have things lying about we don't use anymore, maybe suppliers reading this post might be able to do you a favour.

Come on everyone - who's up for helping?

What a brilliant idea Ella. I'm up for popping a few nail art bits into a bag. Perhaps someone could organise a box or something at Birmingham next week?

Soooo sorry to hear about your bad luck but at least u still have your car.

A few years ago some scum not only broke into my car and stripped it of anything worth selling but then set it alight. The police phoned about 3 hours after I reported it missing to say it was still alight in a field about 10 miles away. At the time my 3 boys were all very young so I lost all the car seats and a double buggy as well :evil: Also meant I was weeks without any transport until the insurance was sorted - not good when u live in a small village with a naff bus service :sad:

So chin up and keep smiling.

Shaza

Bad News!

If I claim on my Car insurance it is going to cost me £350! If not then I have to find some cash to pay for it out right. And apparently it is going to need a new door skin because they made such a mess!

Also called ANT and even though I have insurance to cover me, I can't claim because my car wasn't alarmed!! How Crap is that! What is the point in having bloody insurance if they dont flaming pay out when you need it!

That is exactly how I feel about any Insurance, there are always loopholes that let us down when we need it the most.
They have us exactly where they need us, we have to have insurance but they don`t have to pay out.

Hang on. Does it say in the ANT Insurance Policy that items stolen are only covered if there is an alarm system in place? I'm going to check my Policy now. My house and therefore salon is not alarmed, does that mean I'm not covered there either?

Off to check now.

oh my god!!

what a nightmare!! when i moved house my car and my husbands were both done on a regular basis till i saved up enough to a) alarm mine and b) get him a new one.
When i opened my brand new salon 13 years ago some theiving b..........ds broke in the night before i opened and took everything. I was sooooo devastated. But it taught me a valuble lesson and i always scrutinise all insurance documents before i sign. Everywhere is alarmed and locked up tight now. Am afraid its a downside to life. someone suggested cashconvertors to buy your stuff back. i know its galling but its worth a try. Also ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back