they have fallen off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebC

Reaction score
I did a client last Weds...had to sit on her couch to do Creative Nails...not the best start....

Her nails were fine, bit of bitten skin around the edges...did a full set, very nice and happy with them...

I have just been informed that four fell off the next day and the rest were off by Friday....

What did I do wrong..help...I have never had them fall off just like that...with no assistance from a picker (allegedley)

I'm gutted...advise please

I did a set for someone in a department where i work.
I did her a full set of tips with gel, when i finished they looked really good and she was really pleased.
When she came in on monday she said that they had fallan of while washing her hair which i was well gutted.
I later found out through goss that she had them on while she went out on saturday night took them of on sunday because she didnt want to pay me.
She just wasted my time and all my tips and gel.
I have no advise except dont always belive it your fault.

Just to say i have done a set on really bad bitten nails by the time i had finished they looked better but did say they might not last as long as the tip hasnt really got anything to stick to.

thanks..the nails themselves were unbitten it was just the skin she likes to eat...

Heres a tip try using and ironing board as a platform to work if there is no other table available...

I went through a lot of pingers when I was new and I found I was not being thorough enough in my prep, once I had improved on this they pinged no more....

having said that some of those blighters were picked off (you know of you are lol)

Try a search on pingers I am sure ruth wrote something on this..

best of luck and dont give in....

Sounds like we had the same client...lol Look for the stress marks on the natural nail...!

DebC said:
I did a client last Weds...had to sit on her couch to do Creative Nails...not the best start....

Her nails were fine, bit of bitten skin around the edges...did a full set, very nice and happy with them...

I have just been informed that four fell off the next day and the rest were off by Friday....

What did I do wrong..help...I have never had them fall off just like that...with no assistance from a picker (allegedley)

I'm gutted...advise please

Hi

A good thing for ladies whose nails magically ping off all on there own is to ask them to bring the little pingers in for you to asses what went wrong! You will have far less. IF they have pinged off it will be down to your prep, the nail bed will be perfect with no stress marks and there will be no nail bed on the back of the pinger. That is a true pinger but you will find that most are "helped" along there way.

as was said previously, if they are pingers, genuine, then it is your prep, but i would say if she likes to chew on the outer skin then chances are ahe also likes to run her teeth along the sides of her nails, which is a classic thing people do if they chew their edges. I know i used to do it.

They were definately helped along the way. She may not even know she is doing it, as alot of the time its just habbit.

Thanks for all your help...

She couldn't show me the nails as she won't have me near..funny that...

oh well..you live and learn..

Latest posts

Back