They lost my details

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAX inc

Reaction score
Hi, I did a 2 day course on express lashes with a well known company a couple of years ago but never went back to do my time trial as it was a 4 hour drive, I didn't realise I wasn't going to get my certificate unless I did the time trial at the time. I had a break from lash extensions due to a neck injury but want to start up again, I must of done over 40 sets of lashes at my peak so I'm experienced. the brand name has changed but is still same company but they have no record of me on there system, I paid over £2000 for the training and the kit but am no longer allowed to buy the products I trained in as I don't have a certificate as such. Best they could do was offer re training at £400. I'm already trained though so seems a total waste of money, I know the method has prob changed slightly but I don't need training for 3 days. question is, I just need a certificate, who does cheap lash extension training ? My plan is a brief 1 day course Just so I can have a certificate for insurance then I will switch brands and use someone else's products.

Hi can you contact your bank or credit card company & get proof you paid for the course if you can they should then honour the re test day with no fee xx

Yes iv got proof on bank statements. they weren't very helpful at all, but then again they were just sales people selling courses, maybe I should write to head office.

Yes iv got proof on bank statements. they weren't very helpful at all, but then again they were just sales people selling courses, maybe I should write to head office.

If i were You I'd contact head office with a copy of your statement - they should be able to locate your payment then, make sure if you can add the dates of when you went in for training, where and maybe who with?

Good luck,
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Sorry, but I don't think you have a leg to stand on with the original training company.

Presumably, you broke the training agreement by not returning when you were required to so and so I think you would need to pay in full and re-register in order to receive any qualification from them. Whether you can prove you paid for the course originally is not really relevant.

As you say, you have gained some experience since and so you should be able to successfully complete a shorter one day course with another company and receive a certificate without much difficulty. I think this is probably your best option, if you feel confident with your application technique.

Hopefully, your post will serve as a useful reminder to other geeks to properly check the terms of any training agreement (especially with short courses) and to complete any additional requirements within the specified period otherwise they risk not receiving their intended qualification.

Latest posts

Back