They ruin my nails!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering how do you explain yourself to clients who say "they ruin your nails dont they" (they being the extensions!)

I advice that they need to always and its a must return to the salon for removal and any repair work, avoid picking nails and take extra care of the extensions. Also that afterwards the nails will be soft and thin but with correct after care ie regular manicures they will soon restore to their natural apperance.

Just wanted to hear your views!

Lou xxx :D

louise said:
Hi all,

Just wondering how do you explain yourself to clients who say "they ruin your nails dont they" (they being the extensions!) ....

Also that afterwards the nails will be soft and thin but with correct after care ie regular manicures they will soon restore to their natural apperance.

Just wanted to hear your views!

Lou xxx :D

Hi Lou,

I get this a lot from people who have heard this.

This is what I tell them

" the nail enhancements DO NOT damage your nails - it is like saying cars are dangerous - it is the drivers who are dangerous LOL - the damage is caused by either an over zealous technician - over "etching" the natural nail or a picking client who will pick the nails off."

The natural nail can be slightly improved by wearing enhancements due to constant massaging of the matrix whilst applying cuticle oil daily.

If the client does not apply their oil (naughty, naughty) then their nails should not be any worse in condition than they were before she came.

Hope that helps a bit.

you can always try this approach Louise!!

"You know what - this is what we nail teks like to call a common myth!! There are only 2 things that ruin the natural nails!! Do you know what they??"

Throw the ball back to the client and wait for her to respond to you... then reply;

"Actually - the first is the Nail Tek who DOESN'T know what she/he is doing!!! (you can expand on this) and second - a client who can't leave them alone!! :shock: I am here to educate you on how to maintain your beautiful nails - don't forget this is a partnership - I do my 50% and when you get home you have to do your 50% too - blaaa " talk about Solar Oil etc!!
It works everytime AND you have eduacted them on the common myths that our consumers hear because they don't 'know' and they don't understand until you make them look at the situation in a DIFFERENT way!!! It always worked for me!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back