Thick big toenails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I have a client who's big toenails are thick in the center so they look very arched. They are hard to cut and they are slightly ingrown.
This client is in her mid 50's, mentioned that they have not always been like that. She has gone to her primary care doctor for feet problems because her toenails have also caused her pain at times. They gave her an oral antibiotic which helped the pain briefly but the pain has returned. I told her to visit a podiatrist, but she hasn't gone yet.
She has asked that I file the top of the nail to thin it out but I told her I couldn't do this.
Are there any topical anti-fungal prodcuts I can retail to her? Any tips on cutting thick toenails?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

She needs to see a podiatrist/chiropodist as soon as she can. Ingrown toenails (onychocryptosis) are an untreatable (by us), so really we shouldn't give any form of treatment.

In the UK, our GP (or a chiropodist) can send off a nail clipping to be analysed to confirm or rule out a fungal nail infection, I'd presume a simple test like that could be done using her heath insurance?

It sounds like it became infected, so the antibiotics cleared it but it has become infected again. Personally, I would't book her in for a pedi again until the issue has been resolved by a chiropodist and fungus has been ruled out by a health practitioner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back