Thick fuzzy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te1fer

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am been told you can perm your hair straight?

My hair is very thick and wavey and i am sick of spending an hour straightening it with ghd's may i add

i would be very intrested in having a treatment if it is going to make my hair straight i am aware it is not permanent

any info ref this pls advise

Ta Sam

I cannot comment on the technical stuff ref permanent straightening as i have only just started level 2 hairdressing and havent covered this yet......but i can speak from experience of when i had long hair (thick and wavy) i did have a permanenet hair straightening treatment....it was good....your hair wont be poker straight but straighter and more managable but you will be able to let it dry naturally or blow dry and you can use the straighteners to smooth your hair after...and it will take a 1/4 of the time, i sued to just comb the straighteners through to smooth it out. but like a perm or a colour your roots will grow and the curl will come back as your roots grow
hopefully someone qualified and with more experience than moi will advice you on the technical stuff.
hth a bit

Chemical straightening has come on leaps and bounds these days haha. . We do this in the salon and once it is done, it is straight untill it is cut out, regrowth can be done. . We use boards to hold the hair str8 whilst the product develops, it is a lengthy process because as opposed to some salons we do the Hot straightening, which lasts alot longer than cold. . .This means the hair is processed and then dried and straightned again before it is neutralized, ensuring very str8 after results. . the hair didnt feel to bad afterwards either, i expected a lot more damage than i actually witnessed. . go for it it will make life easier, but as always go to a reputable salon. . x

Before opting for any chemical treatment i would personally recomend having your hair thinned out and booking in with yours stylist for a couple of blowdrys getting them to talk you through it as they do it.Your GHD's should really be used as a finnishing tool and be kept to a minimum. Some salons will offer blowdry lessona if you ask.

Alternatively chemical hair straightening has come on so much,a good experienced stylist would be needed but they are your options.

Blowdry was always my thing,i had a lady weekly for a blowdry when i lived in Leeds,she was a black lady with very wild afro hair,i hardly used the straighteners on her :D hth's

i would be very intrested in having a treatment if it is going to make my hair straight
I do agree to a certain extent with what the others have said about chemical straightening, but am still a little wary of it personally. It does, of course, depend a lot on just how curly/frizzy your hair is to start with. I also would recommend that you try to get a couple of blowdry lessons first, and treat the chemical side of things as a last resort.
I've used both heat and cold straightening methods, and do find the heat method to be the better of the two, but it is quite a long process. If you do have it done, you may find that your hair is still not 100% straight, but would (in theory!) kick some of the curl out of it, until it starts growing back of course! hth

:)M:)

Last edited:
Just to add,with naturally curly hair that you can blowdry straight your options for styles,cut and hair up are limitless,just a thought :idea:

Latest posts

Back