Thick hair/Brazilians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neesa B

Reaction score
I'm hoping for some advice. I have been an Esthetician for 6 years, I do well, but some Brazilians stress me out, specifically thicker haired people. We use a soy based soft wax (I think you call it strip wax... *I'm in the U.S.) as it's gentle for all areas. I used to use hard wax but didn't find it easier on these clients. I have a handful of clients that have super thick hair and right at the top of the labia, the hair just won't come out, not without two or three tries. The regular clients understand they need to trim and be regular about maintenance. But it's newbies that come in and didn't know to trim, exfoliate, hydrate, etc. I worry terribly about hurting them and of course, the subsequent bad review or complaint. Is there any advice on how you all handle these harder clients.

Appreciate you!

Are you trained in intimate waxing? You need to be using hard wax for more intimate areas and not strip/warm wax

Invest in some training for the latest generation of waxes. Hard wax is old fashioned, modern waxes stay pliable and are so easy to use - you’ll never look back.

Having said that, it’s perfectly possible to use strip wax everywhere, it’s how I learnt and we had rave reviews!

you need to trim the hair for the client - just grab a handful and snip in one go and you need to show them how to support the skin - get them to open their thumb away from the palm to give you extra support. We used to keep their underwear on and just pull it to one side. It really helps with stretching the skin.

You need to work on the diagonal and try and take out hair in the cleft above the clitoris as part of the mons pubis rather than the labia.

Finally work on setting your client at ease. If you feel anxious it’s not going to go well! I do breathing exercises with my clients if they get tense and nervous and I chat away to distract them. If the client trusts you, they’ll forget any discomfort.

Latest posts

Back