THICK nails wanted. Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cute Tips

Mastering it Geek!
Reaction score
Please help, advice needed!

Just had a lady call and book in at 4pm this afternoon. Over the phone she tells me that she has acrylics (l&p) on at the moment but they are too thin and keep breaking, she asked me if I can do them quite THICK for her. I said that we can have a better consultation when she gets here and I can see whats going to be the best option for her. She works in a hotel and tells me she likes her nails quite long.

What do I do with this one!!!!!

I have never been asked for THICK nails before.

I work with creative l&p and Brisa.

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks
love Rebecca

Hi Rebecca!

I would explain that thicker does not necessarily mean stronger! Chances are she has had some enhancements where the stress area was 'forgotten', I'd explain that you will reinforce this area whilst still making a nice sleek enhancement for her and see how she gets on with them. Alot of clients misunderstand the 'engineering' of enhancements and don't realise they can have lovely natural looking nails that are also strong! J x

Jo Jo said:
Hi Rebecca!

I would explain that thicker does not necessarily mean stronger! Chances are she has had some enhancements where the stress area was 'forgotten', I'd explain that you will reinforce this area whilst still making a nice sleek enhancement for her and see how she gets on with them. Alot of clients misunderstand the 'engineering' of enhancements and don't realise they can have lovely natural looking nails that are also strong! J x
That is so well put JoJo and so true. The only thing I would change is alot to
Most all

Thanks, this is what I thought.
She has just called back to change her appointment time, during a short conversation, she tells me that she has her hands in and out of flash and cannot wear rubber gloves because she works in the hotel in front of customers etc
I can see this turning into 'one of those clients'.

Do you think I should stick with l&p or try her with Brisa, I know nither are designed for cleaning with but which do you think would stand up best to cleaning solution?

I wear Brisa myself and find them just as strong as l&p, the Brisa also seem less porous (does this make sence)? and think that they could be better suited.

what do you think?

I would go for Brisa and make sure that she uses Solar Oil every time she has had her hands in flash and every day. That stuff is terrible for your skin ... I don't know how she stands not to wear gloves when using it. She'll end up with dermatitus for sure eventually.

Latest posts

Back