Thick UV gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlc88

Reaction score
Hello all, Im thining of changing my product's, Im using millienium at the moment, It is good, But too Runny for me.
Iv been looking on the Net and saw the ( United Beauty - Star nails thickening gel ) that sounds pretty good.
As anybody used this product?
And if not do any know a good thick / Sculpting UV gel?
Thankyou x

Awkward.... Sorry hun but you dont sound like you have received any training so Im doubtful anyone will offer you any advice as this forum is for professional only .... :|

Hand & Nail Harmony's Gelish Hard Gel is a quality hard gel that has a pretty thick viscosity and good colors.

Awkward.... Sorry hun but you dont sound like you have received any training so Im doubtful anyone will offer you any advice as this forum is for professional only .... :|

Not sure how you can know this Broops. Its a little harsh on a newbie :hug:

I vote for Harmony Hard Gel too, its a fab product.

And salon geek snobbery strikes again , awful behaviour towards a newbie. Since when did every single person on salon geek become professional !!! You should catch yourself on.

I've found Nail Harmony to Be the best when it comes to a Gel system , you can look on their web site and check it out. It's from the same makers of Gelish. A real good system to use. Hope this helps and good luck x

I myself have only been in the industry for a couple of years and I am very grateful from some of the help and advice I have had from salon geek and find it very disheartening to see a comment so judgemental like this.

To the point of this thread.. I was trained in Nsi builder gels and find these very easy to work with and get great results! :)

Thankyou to the ones that know what it is like to be a newbie at some point, And feel good about them selfs that they can give advice To show what talent and knowledge they have towards themselfs And to share that info just to help a little with people like me, that do need that extra tip. So thankyou again :) really appriciated.

But getting to the thread ;-)
I am ordering the Gelish stock, I have been looking at them and heard and seen great comments about it. But just unsure what gels are great for people wanting tips with gel.
But also "NailAddiction" i have heard great things about NSI and when i was in college alot of the learners turned to that as they and myself didnt get on with IBD. So i might have a good think between NSI or Stars

But really THANKYOU to the 4 of your nice comments. :)
you really help so much xx

Thankyou to the ones that know what it is like to be a newbie at some point, And feel good about them selfs that they can give advice To show what talent and knowledge they have towards themselfs And to share that info just to help a little with people like me, that do need that extra tip. So thankyou again :) really appriciated.

But getting to the thread ;-)
I am ordering the Gelish stock, I have been looking at them and heard and seen great comments about it. But just unsure what gels are great for people wanting tips with gel.
But also "NailAddiction" i have heard great things about NSI and when i was in college alot of the learners turned to that as they and myself didnt get on with IBD. So i might have a good think between NSI or Stars

But really THANKYOU to the 4 of your nice comments. :)
you really help so much xx

Maybe you didn't speak in scientific enough or waffling terms lol

I really like the nsi builder gel. Everyone is different. Good luck xx

I have tried LOADS of gels in the past, trained with the edge which in my opinion isnt great although good for practice i quite like CUCCIO gel for extensions as thats quite thick not sure if its a very well known gel but it works well for me hth xx

But surely broops is just trying to be professional, on this professional site.
The OP hasn't filled in their profile at all, surely we shouldn't be giving out advice unless we have some info first.

"
And salon geek snobbery strikes again , awful behaviour towards a newbie. Since when did every single person on salon geek become professional !!! You should catch yourself on. "

...this is a professional site, always has been. It has nothing to do with snobbery!

Last edited:
With a lot of very unprofessional behaviour. But those that are really here to learn, learn to ignore a lot of the behaviour here and pick through to the actual information that they need. There are those of us here that really do want to help! So, to the OP, keep your chin up, post whatever you need to and learn to not take offense and pick what you need and leave the rest behind!

The OP hasn't filled in their profile at all, surely we shouldn't be giving out advice unless we have some info first.

I agree. That's why I looked through the OPs other posts to find out before I posted. For whatever reason, not everyone likes to fill in their profile, even though it does make life easier when replying. :hug:

I am 24 years of age ok, And some people on this site can be so immature and even them professionals are damn right acting unprofessional. This site if you say is for pro's Then why is this site here in the first place if people are that so fantastic why is the site active? Why are you on here? why do you put post up seeking for help and advice??.....At points in life no matter what job any of us do, even if we have been doing it neally all of our lifes, We at some point need a little help and advice! I have nail technician level 2 certificate, Which is some cases isnt great. But its plenty for me right now until i go the next level. And the help i get from the nice people on here that give me and others great help and advice is going to help me so much in the future.
So yes right now i am here ( even though technicially i am a NAIL TECHNICIAN ) just not running it properly and professionaly like you all do at the moment) I am here for a little help and a boost, And the majority of you are helping brill with that. And the others that have nothing else better to do because they are to much of a professional and want to slate the " unprofessiona newbies " then maybe get of this site as your too good!!
And i have now editied my profile. Abit anyway!

Geeezz. But anyway.

JuicyLucy / C-C My Nails / lovin it = Thanks alot. you nice ones ;-)

Im going to have alook up on the CUCCIO gel now, See what reviews i can see.

XX

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, don't take it personal, hun. Just focus on the helpful tips and advise being given and ignore everything else. I did suggest on one of your earlier posts about gels some nice reputable companies you can train with. :)

OP I think you and several others are being a little sensitive, there is no tone in text. How are we to know other than what is in your profile??
New or old we are here to help, why the hell else would we bother?? look who some of the contributors are on here!! don't look a gift horse in the mouth for the sake of pride and that is not aimed at anyone in particular jjust prople who are looking for affirmation not advice x

Ps Go for a reputable brand not a generic one such as star, profile, cuccio (Star) hth

OP I think you and several others are being a little sensitive, there is no tone in text. How are we to know other than what is in your profile??
New or old we are here to help, why the hell else would we bother?? look who some of the contributors are on here!! don't look a gift horse in the mouth for the sake of pride and that is not aimed at anyone in particular jjust prople who are looking for affirmation not advice x

Ps Go for a reputable brand not a generic one such as star, profile, cuccio (Star) hth

Hi ellewopter, have been looking at this thread as trying to work out what gel system to start up with (trained with salon system but would like to upgrade), and was interested to read your note about not using generic brands. Please can you just clarify - are the ones you listed the generic brands, or are they ones you recommend to use?

thanks for your help, it's a minefield! :confused:

Yes thanks alot chicka(for your advice in all post and support :) ) And elle Thankyou :)...

Im going to try NSI so we will see. If not il change again lol.
I will find a suitable one bloody day Xx

I donit think this post is either unkind or unprofessional.

This site was started almost ten years ago for professionals and for aspiring professionals that need help and advice.

It really does help if new members would fill out their profiles so that we have something to go on when answering.

Time is short for everyone .. No one wants to spend time giving advice to someone who later turns out to be untrained and who wants to take the info and work in people's kitchens earning tax free income. Because that is what happens many times.

We are all protective and passionate about what we do. Our industry is being undermined all the time by rogue technicians, rogue traders and rogue distributors and it is natural to try and protect ourselves somewhat.

Broops said nothing snotty, rude, unprofessional or snobby. There was nothing at all wrong with her post and some of the reactions and remarks by others were worse in my opinion.

To the OP ... There are lots of products to choose from as you know. Dozens and you will get dozens of different answers. It would help if those answering said why they adore their choice of product rather than that they just do! Features, benefits and USP's

i use palms extra thick scupling gel its good also the edge nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back