Thick yellow toenails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe Bryan

Belle
Reaction score
Hello. Everyone. I'm fairly new to the trade and only done a handful of pedicures. My dad wants me to do a pedicure on him as he has thick yellow nails on his big and next down toes. I can't decide whether they a're fungal or not so unsure whether to do them but I don't want to upset him. Can yellow and think nails be caused by something other than fungal? He used to work nights on the railway so wore alot of wet boots on cold nights over the years...
Thanks guys. Xx

Hi, I would have him visit the doctor first to determine the health of his nails. Then, go from there.

I can’t do my dads feet it grosses me out so much ! I don’t know why that is the case so your very brave doing your father ! Well done !
I agree perhaps have them checked out .

Possibly is due to wearing work shoes for years and not having much sunlight or air can make them more prone to fungus if they got damp over and wearing closed shoes all the time.

Sounds like classic fungal infection, but he won't know until he goes to a doctor to diagnose. In the meantime, do not work on his feet. Not only do you risk contaminating your implements and other materials, but you can end up making his issue worse, and even spread it to more toes. I absolutely do not recommend it until he goes to a doctor. You're protecting his, your, and your other client's health.

Latest posts

Back