Thickening products HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty101

Kitty101
Reaction score
Hi ya

Im not a hairdresser just a beautician was wondering if any one can help me, i've taken out my hair extensions about a week ago, my hair feels so much thinner. Can any one recommend any thickening products to get my hair thicker again!!!!

Also looked in boots website a product called Nutrasome shampoo and serum to thicken your hair, dont suppose any one has used this or heard of it???

Really apprieciate if any one can help :)

Hiya

I am not a hairdresser but I had a very similar problem to you when I took out my hair extensions and what was left was so so thin and stringy. I used moroccan rhassoul clay. It can be bought in powdered form. It is a natural thickener and moisturiser both to hair and skin. I added a couple of tablespoons of rhassoul clay powder to my shampoo and mixed it up in the palm of my hand and applied it through my hair. I left it a couple of minutes and rinsed out. Afterwards I added the same amount to the conditioner and applied and rinsed out. You will find that you hair will be much much thicker. You can get it for a few quid either online or from ebay. Either that or you can spend a small fortune on a "professional" product.

Lee stafford hair growth treatment!!!!!! More than thickening it works on length , i use it and i have loads of friends who do too and it does work!! I would go to bed and because of the condition of my hair i would always wake up with a birds nest at the back but i dont get this now because the condition of my hair is better!!

Amla oil is also good, its what indian women use to thicken their hair and i feel this works too.. i dont think there is a miracle gro for hair though as i have fine hair naturally and always lust after massive thick hair!!! There are just things to help a little bit :(
Im hoping the lee stafford will eliminate the need for me having hair extentions as i have had them before and suffered the same misfortune of feeling like i have literally 2 wisps left!!

All i can say is a good cut and lots of tlc, less over processing and patience!!!

Good luck!! xx

Hiya

I am not a hairdresser but I had a very similar problem to you when I took out my hair extensions and what was left was so so thin and stringy. I used moroccan rhassoul clay. It can be bought in powdered form. It is a natural thickener and moisturiser both to hair and skin. I added a couple of tablespoons of rhassoul clay powder to my shampoo and mixed it up in the palm of my hand and applied it through my hair. I left it a couple of minutes and rinsed out. Afterwards I added the same amount to the conditioner and applied and rinsed out. You will find that you hair will be much much thicker. You can get it for a few quid either online or from ebay. Either that or you can spend a small fortune on a "professional" product.
Thanks for the reply i hate my hair at the moment!!! So do you do it every time you wash your hair and how long did you do this for??? Thanks for getting back to me xx

Hi there

You will probably need to keep using it till more hair grows in. They never tell you the extent to which extensions wreck your hair do they :(. The only plus side is that rhassoul clay is cheap.

To be quite honest getting those stringy ends cut off will make your hair look better than keeping hold of them for the sake of not wanting to lose length. I made that mistake:o

How people like jordan can wear them continuously without any obvious damage I dont know. If someone could tell me the secret,I would love to hear.

Great i've ordered the clay on ebay it was like a few pounds for 150g, also brought lee stafford hair growth couple of those and moroccan argan oil on boots they are doing 3 for 2 offer, i've had a good cut just feels horrible no hair where my hair was really thick before hair extensions and did it to have length deffo learnt my lesson lol, thanks girls for your help cant wait to start using all my products :D

i know this feeling too well...! :( ive constantly had my extensions put back in cos im lost without them. bumble & bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner is good, i really noticed the difference when i used it. im away on holiday at the end of the month and my extensions are needing out when i get back :( gonna try and brave it for a few months see if i can let my own hair grow and thicken up! its just the back ive got problems with. its all broken cos my extensions. wish there was a pill you could take to get long thick swishing locks! :)

dnt no if this will help you be in salon we used a loreal product called Fiberceutic Masque its like botox for the hair i think you can get it on ebay or in salon but not sure on in salon price as they varie. if youve got normal thickness hair you buy the masque with it or if you have fine hair there is a seperate conditioner its a bit pricey but its fab it also gives u lift if you like your hair with a bit of volume but everyone we used it on with fine hair said it felt alot thicker and it last i think for up to 8 washes hope this helps:)

i know this feeling too well...! :( ive constantly had my extensions put back in cos im lost without them. bumble & bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner is good, i really noticed the difference when i used it. im away on holiday at the end of the month and my extensions are needing out when i get back :( gonna try and brave it for a few months see if i can let my own hair grow and thicken up! its just the back ive got problems with. its all broken cos my extensions. wish there was a pill you could take to get long thick swishing locks! :)
Ohhhh no bet your not looking forward to that or it'll be nice if they come up with something to remove hair extension without damaging them making your hair feel thinner after afterwards, thanks for the recommendation xx:D

dnt no if this will help you be in salon we used a loreal product called Fiberceutic Masque its like botox for the hair i think you can get it on ebay or in salon but not sure on in salon price as they varie. if youve got normal thickness hair you buy the masque with it or if you have fine hair there is a seperate conditioner its a bit pricey but its fab it also gives u lift if you like your hair with a bit of volume but everyone we used it on with fine hair said it felt alot thicker and it last i think for up to 8 washes hope this helps:)
Thanks for that sounds good i wash my hair every couple of days so would last a couple of weeks had a look it is a bit pricey but if it lasts 8 washes the tub would last for ages and be worth it will look into it, like the sound of that botox for hair xx

Latest posts

Back