Thickness of Finished Nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
I think I've lost the plot somewhere along the line! Since I did my FDFC back in January I think I'm now trying toooooo hard and my nails leave a lot to be desired!

I've not got the funds to get 1-2-1 training at the mo so can anyone help? I'm trying to figure out how thick/thin the finished nail should be. at the very tip do you need to get rid of the little flat ledge that you get?

Does anyone have any pikkies of how the nail should look from all angles? Its just to help me get back in line with it all.

Thanks

Thought I would bump this back up incase anyone can help.:o

Exactly what and where is this 'little flat ledge' you are refering to?

I jsut uploaded this to maybe give you an idea of how thick I work. This is when I about to start finishing.

Hope this helps

152-med.JPG

Exactly what and where is this 'little flat ledge' you are refering to?
When you look down the nail with the C curve facing you.... that edge there.. if that makes any sense. My nails have grown now so its more of an overlay on my nails now and it always seems to look blunt.

Sam.. thanks for that pikkie. I can see that you work pretty thin thanks for that. My nails are quite thin but as I was saying my own nails have grown so its adding to the thickness.... the one thing I can't seem to get right is the general shape of it all... they always look uneven... Just gotta practice I suppose but its sooooo frustrating. should the nails be sloping down at the end if you're looking at the apex or should it be extending straight? (sorry if that doesn't make the slightest sense lol)

One of the best things you can do is to find pictures of beautiful nails (and they are not always easy to find even in the trade magazines it has to be said) and try to copy them.

But truthfully, you seem to be a bit confused and I think and hour with an instructor would do you the world of good. It is not expensive and SO worth it. Why keep struggling when you could be getting on. You know what you want to ask and the time would be all yours. My advice wouldbe to seek a 121. What isit 35-40 pounds. Well worth it.

geeg said:
One of the best things you can do is to find pictures of beautiful nails (and they are not always easy to find even in the trade magazines it has to be said) and try to copy them.

But truthfully, you seem to be a bit confused and I think and hour with an instructor would do you the world of good. It is not expensive and SO worth it. Why keep struggling when you could be getting on. You know what you want to ask and the time would be all yours. My advice wouldbe to seek a 121. What isit 35-40 pounds. Well worth it.
I have been looking at some of the amazing nails on here but there aren't very many from the apex view but I will keep looking. It does help to have inspiration to get you back on track

I think you could be right about the training... I think I'm getting into a muddle, trying to hard and taking half a dozen steps backward:cry: thanks for the advice

sawasdee ka

If somebody will post a photo for me i think i have photo will help mani for sure i look this photo all the time .

Mui from Thailand

this is the photo mui wanted you to see ..hope it helps
debbie

Attachments

• 2.bmp
    80.3 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Mui for the pikkie and thanks Debbie for taking the time to put it on for me.:D Its so useful to see the different angles....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back