Thin baby hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade_brooke

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392667852.060035.jpg
Since having my little girl 5 years ago my hair has never been the same, it's always been very fine but since having my daughter it's got a lot worse, the top layers of my hair are ok, (luckily!!) not very thick but it grows and there's enough of it, but underneath- particularly on my left side is like baby hair no longer than about 3-4 inches and is INCREDIBLY fine, it's ok at the root but it just grows very wispy, I currently have micro rings which doesn't pull on it or make it any less thin but I honestly don't think I could ever not wear extensions, does anyone else have the same problem? Can anyone suggest anything ? Uploaded a pic but it's hard to tell as I have the extensions in x

I can completely sympathize with you here. I used to have lovely long thick hair and it seems ever since having my little one it's just thin, wispy and doesn't want to grow past my shoulders. boo. I too wear micro-rings and don't think that is going to change anytime soon. Wish I could suggest something for you but i'm in the same boat :(

Redken intraforce. Google it, I think it would be ideal

I can completely sympathize with you here. I used to have lovely long thick hair and it seems ever since having my little one it's just thin, wispy and doesn't want to grow past my shoulders. boo. I too wear micro-rings and don't think that is going to change anytime soon. Wish I could suggest something for you but i'm in the same boat :(

It's horrible isn't it makes you feel really down :( and as hairdressers out hair is everything! Feel so jealous of my lady's with long luscious locks!! X

And thankyou Kelso will have a look, willing to try anything! X

It's horrible isn't it makes you feel really down :( and as hairdressers out hair is everything! Feel so jealous of my lady's with long luscious locks!! X

And thankyou Kelso will have a look, willing to try anything! X

It does :/ I got seriously concerned about it at one point because it was falling out in clumps, this was back when I had no extensions in so couldn't even blame them. I know what you mean :( I expected this to happen but only for a little while after, not this long! x

I second Nioxin my nephews partner had the Same problem after having there little girl her hair is now thick and glossy again all thanx to nioxin really is a great product! X

Nioxin it's amazing! Have had Lots of clients who have had amazing results!

Girls can you clarify what exactly nioxin is good for? My mum lost lots of hair years ago due to stress. Could this help in strengthening existing ones? X

Thanks girls, there are 6 diff systems, which system would you recommend I purchase xx

Alpecine is fab even though it's for men I've heard fantastic reviews about it and also a lot of my clients use it for thinning hair x

Is that not OTC??

Do you have fine, normal or coarse hair, thinning or noticeably thinning hair and is it chemically treated hair jade? Then I can help you get the right starter pack xx

Initialiste by kerastase is recommended for people who's hair has changed since having children/illness.

It contains stem cells and it creates the perfect environment for new hair to grow from the follicle.
I use it on myself because I bleach my hair ALOT so it's more resistant to breakage, and it feels thicker :)

Is that not OTC??

Do you have fine, normal or coarse hair, thinning or noticeably thinning hair and is it chemically treated hair jade? Then I can help you get the right starter pack xx

It is very fine and don't have an awful lot of it, it is very fragile and the whole underneath is exactly like baby hair, luckily my top layers are ok so can cover my extensions, however there is a section now near my hairline that is growing wispy and baby like that seems to be getting deeper into my hair if that makes sense, I haven't dyed my hair in 2 years after growing out full head of bleach, condition is good, I don't have any bald spots but the hair is very thin, I'm only 21 and worrying what my hair will be like in a few years time :( xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393020732.683727.jpg

This is the part I mean that is thinning on top, the under with is very similar to this but it's the whole underneath, particularly on my left side xx

My hair looks exactly like this. All the sides on both sides fell out due to stress. I'm gonna give nioxin a bash to see if it makes any difference.

Latest posts

Back