thin layer of gel on L&p application...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiba

Reaction score
i was wondering if we can put a thin layer of clear gel on the top of the L&P application...to give it a nice shiny look...i asked my teacher and she said no we cant but i heard from people that they do....my question is can we or not?? and if we can how will u do infills?? infill gel or L&P??

You can put a Gel top coat on top of L&P. You then just buff off and re-bablance with L&P as normal next time.

But don't forget that the top caot will only adhere to a surface refined with a 180 grit or lower.

I often apply a UV Topcoat to the finished L&P this does work you just have to make sure the surface isn't smooth or have any oils on it.
What I do is file and buff with a Boomerang Buffer to remove any scratches then wipe to remove any dust and finally apply the topcoat hths xx

thank u indeed...xxx

I quite often use the UV Finishing Gloss on top of my acrylic nails - it looks lovely :)

i also apply a thin layer of uv gel over the top of my l&p enhancements.i file over the l&p as usual then apply the gel topcoat.i then apply cuticle oil once ive finished.
when i do a rebalance i buff of the thin layer of gel first and then file the acrylic as i usually would.i then continue the infill my usual way and using l&p to fill in the growth area then finish the nail as before and apply a new topcoat of gel.its works so well,i love it.xx

HI i use l&p and use nsi's "glaze an go" its fab you simply paint over the nail like a polish and cure it under uv light for 90 secs. its quite expensive but worth it. then when you come to rebalance you just file as normal it soon breaks it down as its quite a thin coat. it can be used on top of any system it does exactly what it says on the bottle! lol

hey i do it all the time ive used starnails starlite gel and it gives then a bit more strenth!!! xx

I use Young Nails Finish gel over l&p, just buff any scratch marks that you may have left from refining, wipe away dust apply (it comes in a bottle that is just like a polish bottle) then cure for 90 seconds. There is no sticky residue to wipe away just a brilliant high shine.

i also apply a thin layer of uv gel over the top of my l&p enhancements.i file over the l&p as usual then apply the gel topcoat.i then apply cuticle oil once ive finished.
when i do a rebalance i buff of the thin layer of gel first and then file the acrylic as i usually would.i then continue the infill my usual way and using l&p to fill in the growth area then finish the nail as before and apply a new topcoat of gel.its works so well,i love it.xx

I was wondering about this actually. I usually buff, then put cuticle oil, then have client wash, then apply clear coat. I want to try the gel topcoats but I was wondering when to have the client wash, and when to apply the cuticle oil. So do you apply the cuticle oil once the gel is cured and then have the client wash?

I was wondering about this actually. I usually buff, then put cuticle oil, then have client wash, then apply clear coat. I want to try the gel topcoats but I was wondering when to have the client wash, and when to apply the cuticle oil. So do you apply the cuticle oil once the gel is cured and then have the client wash?
I Apply my cuticle oil after buffing the L&P before applying the Gel I give them a wipe with a pad covered in Citrusoak this takes off any excess oil.
I don't have a sink in my room so this is easier for me but getting them to wash their hands would be ideal hths :hug:

yes that exactly the way i do it.i just find its easier this way but im sure other geeks do it the other way round.but as i dont have water plumbed in my salon my clients have to go into another room so i find its easier for me and i can also be sure that it wont effect the gel at all as im applying the oil after.hths.xx

I use Young Nails Finish gel over l&p, just buff any scratch marks that you may have left from refining, wipe away dust apply (it comes in a bottle that is just like a polish bottle) then cure for 90 seconds. There is no sticky residue to wipe away just a brilliant high shine.

As above I always use Young Nails Finish Gel:hug:

i was wondering if we can put a thin layer of clear gel on the top of the L&P application...to give it a nice shiny look...i asked my teacher and she said no we cant but i heard from people that they do....my question is can we or not?? and if we can how will u do infills?? infill gel or L&P??
Tell you teacher to visit salon geek.She will learn something .:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back