Thin layer of gel that air dries?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslady

Reaction score
I was talking to a family friend today that said she wouldn't have Shellac because she doesn't want to get cancer. I spoke to her about this and advised her that she'd need to have her hands in the lamp for 100's of years for that kind of risk.

She then told me that the salon up the high street used a thin layer of gel then put her hands under the air dryer before applying polish - so she doesn't need the uv lamp. What is this gel that air dries?? I've never heard of it before. She said they told her this gel won't chip. I want to be able to advise the benefits of brisa lite to her but can't if I don't know what the gel she's wearing is called. Have any of you heard of it or use it? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This may sound silly, but ask her what the product they used looked like. If they dipped a brush into a powder? If they used something that looked like and applied like a regular polish? It they dipped a brush into a pot of gel like substance?

The amount of people who are told they have gel when it's actually L+P is insane!

Might not be that, but it would be my guess.

This may sound silly, but ask her what the product they used looked like. If they dipped a brush into a powder? If they used something that looked like and applied like a regular polish? It they dipped a brush into a pot of gel like substance?

The amount of people who are told they have gel when it's actually L+P is insane!

Might not be that, but it would be my guess.

Thanks. She said it was 'painted on'. Like an overlay.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back