thin nails.....:(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

I had some uv acrylic enhancements taken off 2 weeks ago. Get to the point my nails are very thin and weak.

Can anyone reccomend a product to strengthen up my nails, they are snapping all over the place :cry:

I'm not a nail tech as of yet so any advice would be amazing

Thanks in advance

Sarah xx

Use Solar oil and Toughen up Nail Strengthner.....on the natural nail...........
This combination will provide strength and support to the nail ........It will protect them.
Most people think that after enhancements are removed, the nails needs to breath ......
They do not, it is keratin, keratin does not breath, it is porous and will absorb moisture like water and this can add to the snapping problem, it is much better to keep the nail covered with a good strengthner , enamel and top coat............this gives it support whilst it is growing out...........
Or you could also use a Fibreglass wrap to bridge the growing out phase of the weak nail.................
HTH xx

Thanks for that...

One last thing, Im doing a short course in two weeks on acrylic enhancements and I have to be prepared to have extensions on and off throught the duration of the course, do you think this is wise considering the condition of my nails at the moment? and will this disturb my nails even more....

Cheers xx

if you keep the nail strenghend and varnished untill then youwill be fine.............
Just make sure that when other students work on your nails that they are gentle with removing the shine prior to enhancement application..............
Tell your tutor your concern and she should be able to keep an eye out for you.........
Preping the nail and that includes removing the shine, should be gentle more like exfoliation rather then abrasion..............
HTH

Hi Sarah..
My nails had become very weak and thin too....and with the exceptional help of Nail Envy (an OPI product) and a good quality nail and cuticle oil (Solar oil or Avoplex etc...) I have seen a dramatic turnaround in the condition of mine!

HTH's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back