Things that happen between pedicures that make me go hmm....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
So today I notice on one foot she has a black dot at the top of her big toe, like she really banged that baby. She said she hasn't that she can recall. Then on the other foot one of her toes was lifted on one side only to reveal a new nail underneath. Then....she had the last time this strange little circle in the middle of her toe like a pocket lift and it's really spread now. Looks thick and fungus looking...right from the start I noticed her toes looked questionable but didn't say anything to her.

Do you all say something to your clients with funky toes to cover your butts or do you just carry on with the service? I have one out of three clients I would say with something growing underneath their toes
icon_eek.gif

Now she knows me and knows how clean I am and that I properly sanitise and disinfect my area and implements. But ya know this makes me wonder that I should say something to people with wonky toes right off the bat so that later they don't come to me saying I did this to them. I was quite upset when I seen this, is it me, is it her? I know fungus is spread in a lot of ways and shouldn't think it's me but I do!

I gave her the phone # to my podiatrist for diagnosis and treatment.

I have noticed that other clients have whitish marks on their toes and sometimes I can buff them off while other times I cannot without removing too many layers of the nail. These marks are only present on them after wearing polish for months. I have these marks too! I tell them that they need to use their cuticle oil.

Sorry this is so long, help!

imo....when a new client comes to you and they have ANYTHING out of place on there fingers and toes...ask what it is,how they got it,how long has it been there,have they had any enhancments on before,if so,had did it go....make sure they know YOU are aware of anything out of place and it will give them confidence in them knowing that your doing a good job xxxxx

i have always been taught that if they have anything dodgy on the area to be treated to not do it until they have seeked medical advice. any fungal or bacterial or viral inefction could be passed onto other clients (not saying that you dont properly clean your treatment area, but it could happen) but in the long run it is best for her to get it seen to. We are only beauty therapists, and we can't diagnose but for her peace of mind and yours i wouldnt treat her until she gets it looked at :D

Hey,
I was taught at college how to write letters to chiropodists for things like that, so that the client never needs to worry about what to say to them when they go in. Just a simple letter will do just mentioning the fact that you are not qualified to diagnose the problem, but wondered if you could give your client any advice as to what it is and also a solution. Your client will more than likely thank you for helping sorting the problem out and come back to you for further treatments. HTH's!

i throw away quite alot of the things i use on pedicures, sometimes things that look unusual are not (eg black stains can be caused by the dye running out of their shoes). You should also do a consult card noting your observations and reccomendations.... if you are truly in doubt, don't do them.

I do more nails than pedicures, and have a quite a few sets of everything I don't throw away ( i never use anything I don't throw away ie:"clippers, pushers etc again on another client for almost a week), I sanitise everything to within an inch of it's life (but i don't use an autoclave).

Latest posts

Back