think i have it down to 3 advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock chic

Reaction score
Hey guys,have been searching around for a long time for skincare range for my salon want something that is affordable but still good quality.
I think i have it down to 3 i think, agologie,swiss dermyl and eve taylor. If
anyone can advise me or give me soome plus points on which they think i'd appreciate it.
Thanks guys x

just bumping:biggrin:

Ok plus points for Eve Taylor:
No min orders
Don't allow discounting on the Internet
Fab Mark up on retail which is affordable for all
Products can be used for pampering type treatments, holistic based ones, prescriptive results driven treatments and coming resl soon is the cosmeceutical products....
So you have a complete range to suit ALL types of clients you may have!
Made in uk and have phone number with a human being answering.
Great support and training available!
Need I say any more?

Thank you matthew, that has a lot of good points,just so afraid of making the wrong decision, was going to order maybe a few sizes myself and try them first me and my sister anything you recommend i'm 29 with normal /dehyrated skin and my sis is 40+ with same skin as me.
You know sometimes i just worry cause it is that bit cheaper clients would feel its not good enough thats silly i know but you know how people are :biggrin:

I would strongly suggest that you do indeed try the products yourself first to have a play and see their effects on your own skin.
It IS a very important decision to make taking on a skin care brand as you have to be behind it 100% otherwise clients will see straight through this and be reluctant to have treatments or buy homecare.

Ive said this before but find a stockist near you and experience a treatment for yourself. Homecare is only part of the process so you need to know how the professional products perform, feel and what result is given post treatment.
Only then can you really make a full informed decision as you will have experienced the skin brands from each angle.

I looked at Environ before I took on ET and I loved the AVST for homecare, its superb, BUT I had a treatment and while it gave good results, I didnt find it relaxing, and this was something that I knew some of my clients wanted, so unfortunatley this wasnt meant to be.
But can you see where im coming from with it? I knew my market and experienced each angle to make a decision based on both my own opinions and those what my client base require.

Eve Taylor produce and package their products themselves in Peterborough and dont outsource thus keeping the costs down and passing that benefit onto us and our clients.
Some products in my opinion could be priced a little higher as I know people would still pay it, but see this as a positive.
Remember never say 'cheap' always say affordable as these two words, even though similar are very far apart and create a completely different message.
If you feel that a single product may be too low in price then how about suggesting a regime set? Group a cleanser, toner and moisturiser together in a set price, this will give you bigger product sales and they will see better results as they have products working in synergy rather than a single product with bits and bats they have at home.

As for products for yourself...
Id probably go for the soothing or balancing range and use No4 booster oil.

I hope that helps, and good luck with whichever brand you choose. Remember choose wisely!

for me the choice was easy. eve taylor. i found the quality to be extremly high end like dermalogica with extremely reasonably rrp. most, probably all products cost less than departmentment store brands. been using it for a couple of months and have absolutly no regrets. my clients love it too.

good luck with your decision, whatever is right for you

thanks guys keep them coming...going to order few eve taylor things to try and see. Can anyone recommend what candle is the nicest wanna try one of those too .:biggrin:

have just went ahead and ordered some eve taylor products for salon fingers crossed i wont regret it x

Good to read this as I am currently using Dermalogica - have been for 8 or 9 years. I am now finding them extremely expensive & retail sales gave dropped almost to nothing. I have been looking @ Eve Taylor and although I've not yet sampled them I have done my research - plenty of very positive reviews and many products seem similar to Dermalogica's but are much better priced professional & retail. I have also put the feelers out to my facial clients & they all seem willing to give it a go. I am planning to take the advice given & go for an Eve Taylor facial locally to see how I feel about it.

Rockchic - let me know how you get on with the products. I do have Dermalogica Professional products still to use but do not plan on re ordering. Thanks :)

Hey there chic,i will surely, my sister actually stocks dermologica and she is the same as you has stuff to use but refuses to retail anymore as its not worth it to her.....yeah everyone defo seems to have positive stuff to say on the range.:biggrin:

I ummed and aaahed for ages over skin care but have decided to go with Eve Taylor. I haven't started yet so am waiting to buy from Beauty UK as im hoping they will do some good deals.

Susan molyneux was another big favourite of mine but just a little bit out of my price range!

Latest posts

Back