Think I've done it-bra & shaker combination

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
Wooo hoooo
Finally after a loooong process of trial and error I've managed to get Shellac Top coat thin enough for a good application!
Stuffed down my bra for the service and thenTwo cycles of the nail shaker...... Don't care about any potential strange looks - it's the ONLY thing I've found that works!
Today was the first day it's not been Stickey/Gloopy/thick.
(Excuse the nails I'm due a rebalance - and I no longer do acrylics!) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424379806.536448.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424379827.079599.jpg

It's crazy that you have to go through all that to get a product to work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been using Shellac since it came out and never had to go through all that palaver to get a good result. A bit of a manual shake and off you go!

I've been using Shellac since it came out and never had to go through all that palaver to get a good result. A bit of a manual shake and off you go!

Same here!

It's crazy that you have to go through all that to get a product to work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app
You don't!

Not sure what the OP is having a problem with but in 4/5 years I've never had to do any such thing... :)

I use the same tricks as OP now. Not always have and didn't really have problems beside top coat becoming too thick and not being able to use the whole bottle before getting a new one...but I have to say that after getting the shaker and starting to put the top coat between my legs for a bit to warm up-it is much easier to use and I can definitely say that my bottles last longer now. I think it might depend on where you keep it and how often it gets used/shaken. My studio room is in the basement, the coldest place in the house. And I only work part time from home (and not only do Shellac), so I think it gets thick just sitting in the cold place.

I concede it's probably operator error rather than product error. But I've tried everything to get it thin enough to use. It's so gloopy. I've even changed for a new bottle!
Like Russian doll, I only do nails part time and in a log cabin so temperature fluctuates with the season.
Any tips much appreciated?

I concede it's probably operator error rather than product error. But I've tried everything to get it thin enough to use. It's so gloopy. I've even changed for a new bottle!

Like Russian doll, I only do nails part time and in a log cabin so temperature fluctuates with the season.

Any tips much appreciated?

I don't buy the big bottles of top coat i buy lots of the smaller size. I only ever bought one large size of top coat and it went really gloopy. I don't know the reason but the smaller sizes don't go gloopy!! 😊

Latest posts

Back