Thinking about my times!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Last night while curled up in bed sniffing and coughing I was thinking about my timing ...as you do!
Its almost a year since I spent a great couple of days down in Glasgow with the girls (sadly missed izzi and Lorraine but maybe next time) doing my Induction to Gel and Spa Course.

I am now doing a Full set of P&W Gel in 2 hours less if using Performance Tips and my L&P in about the same time.
My rebalances are down to around 1 1/2 hours again depending on if tips need replaces but normally I can do it under 2 hours.

I just wondered is this about right or am I being a slow coach:eek:
None of my clients seem bothered with my time well they haven't complained to me yet!
I am the sort of person who likes things to be right so take my time with most things do you think I need to speed up or just carry on as I am?

I'm taking 4 hours :lol:

I have been advised I need to get my time down to 1 and a half hours...so no pressure there then :eek:

But I would rather have someone take 2 hours and do a terrific job...:)

I take about the same time as you and would really like to get my times down a bit but can't seem to manage it. I am envious of those techs who can do a set in an hr. I have thought about sculpting as i would imagin that cuts time down a little. Personally i think time just comes with practice as those i know doing fab nails in an hr are very experienced techs who have been working for years and are solid booked. xx

Don't worry about taking longer. Worry about doing a fab set, that is what they will be taking out the door with them after all. You're just fine. :green:

Karen, I've spent far too long worrying about my timing as well, doesn't matter how quick I try to be it just doesn't happen, so I've now stopped worrying about it, my clients like the fact that they are getting a good job done and they trust me enough now to go I won't let anything out the door that I don't feel OK with.

I find it all depends on the client, IE what prep work needs doing, have any broken and need replacing etc, do they what UV/enamel finish or a little nail art to finish?

I'm now working at 1.5 hours for both full sets and re balances (for most clients) but still book 2 hours for all, as some always need that extra work, also as I don't like the client to feel rushed, it also gives time for the enamel to dry, book the next appointment, fill in the clients card, show them my new retail items (he he) and show them to the door.

I wouldn't worry, work on doing a good job, and getting the nails spot on, you'll soon find that you've done it quicker without thinking about it !!

xx

I take around 2 hrs for full-set PW sculpts. I noticed last time how long I took with the forms. Does anyone apply 10 forms as we learn in school? I usually apply 2-3 at a time.

I am taking 1hr 45mins for a full set becasuse i cant shut up!

File-talk-file-talk-talk-talk-file-talk... i cant stop talking, i can talk and file but i have to keep looking at my client when i talk so i stop filing!!!!:irked:

Hahahaha... i will learn one day!

xx

It takes me an hour and a half to 2 hours for a full set of pink and white l&p with tips, slightly less with forms. This depends on the state of the natural nails though, if they've got awful nails it takes me longer to pre tailor the tips to fit properly etc etc. I like to extra prep too lol. Once I learnt to build the shape of the enhancement up properly with my brush, I found I didn't need to file down the shape so much though which cut down my timings a fair bit!

Oh and I apply the forms 2-3 at a time too, apply 10 and by the time you get to the 4th nail, the client has managed to bugger the shape of the forms up!!

I'm 1.5 hours for both full set and rebalance, maybe a little less for sculpts. Years of practice and doing nails day in day out got my timings down.

I apply forms one at a time.....I find that if you don't open the tab of the form (unless you have to) they're a lot quicker to fit and having a couple of form shapes helps because there's less pre-tayloring to do, I use EZFlow Oval and EZFlow Universal and rerely have to pre-taylor.

I'm 1.5 - 1.75 for a full set p&w, around 45 mins rebalance, 1.25 hrs French rebalance

Latest posts

Back