Thinking about some January offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrio

Reaction score
Hello everyone and happy new year! Lets hope for a great year with full books, lots of glitter and no lifting, no chipping, no green nails, no fungus :-D
I want to start this year being more focused.. Cutting down on expenses (do I really need that new set of glitters that only I admire?) and trying some new things.. I only ever did one promo in my 7 months of being self employed and it included gel extensions as I needed the practise.. It went well but I think it helped that it was August, meaning full season for nail techs..

I can imagine from experience and from what I am hearing that January and February are reeeally slow months.. So this is what I was thinking..
Just as schools are starting again and allll the moms will be at school, I was thinking of giving out flyers " double coupon: 20% off of you and 10% off for that girl you forgot to get a christmas present for". I thought that maybe I would get some appointments .. Even if the profit is smaller, it is money and maybe clients that I wouldnt have without it..
As for my existing clients, I thought I would do 30% off your next pedicure.. Its winter so they neglect the feet but maybe it will give them a little nudge.. And I wont have to deal with cracked heels in a few months..

Has anyone tried these? What results did you have?

Forgot to add that of course these coupons will be valid until 15\2 and 28\2

My nail tech friends are all doing special offers for January and February. Plus a couple are training in new treatments and taking bookings in advance on special offers just to fill these slower times. I've done nothing in that way myself yet as I'm going to do some more training this month. But I think it's a good idea, a good way to get new clients and retain existing ones.

I make a rule to never discount in business generally speaking unless there is a real massive benefit. Being quite should just mean more marketing, not discounting. It leads to bargain clients who won't value you long-term or remain loyal 'generally speaking'.

I try to offer an upgrade rather than money off.
E.g. Luxury manicure for price of standard manicure.
Doesn't take much extra time or product cost and hopefully client will like it so much they will book the more expensive service in the future! [emoji122]

Have you thought perhaps instead of discounting your treatment price which sometimes can make a client think you’re in need of business & generally only gains you clients that want something for nothing. How about a ‘try something new for the new year from me to you’ such as with every luxury manicure get a taster pedicure and vice versa or an upgrade to a luxury pedi instead of a regular one or some nail art for free or a 15 minute hand and arm massage add on using a product they can retail from you. Try to enhance your business with additional treatments your clients will tag on making their ticket price higher in future therefore you’re not losing money either and you’re adding value to each client. Happy new year. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back