Thinking of a Saturday girl - any advice appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanettes

Reaction score
Hi, I am beginning to think of taking on a Saturday girl and don't know how to go about it. Anyone out there who can give me some advice? I have had to turn people away the past few weeks (have been renting a room for 5 years, in the business for 8), am tending to do silly hours to keep up, and am thinking I could really do with someone to do the basic manis, pedis, maybe even Minx for me (I love Minx!) on a Saturday. It would mean me renting another room for the day so I need to seriously know all the ins and outs and liabilities before taking it further? Any thoughts will be appreciated.
JES

You could always call the colleges and ask them if there are any of their good students looking for a job. I know the girl who works with me (hair) who is finishing college, she is the only one in a class of 16 who has a job when she leaves college.

Hadn't actually thought of that - thanks Kimi. I do have a girl in mind, she did work experience for me (finishing her Level 2) and has the right attitude. The clients liked her too.
Don't know what kind of money she would expect and what problems I might encounter.

I had a girl who had just qualified level 2 and I paid her £5 an hour and 10% on everything she did.

hths and im sure the college could help you on this. if she has had a job before you could ask her what she has been paid in the past or what she is looking for. xxx

Latest posts

Back