Thinking of entering the Nailympics this year

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi,

I really want to push myself this year with training and development and I am thinking of entering the nailympics in September, and was wondering if any of you have done it previously and can share your stories about your experience? Do you have to be amazingly brilliant at nails? I'm able to produce a pretty decent set of l&p's even if I do say so myself :biggrin: but of course there's always room for improvement and things I need to learn. I intend to do my CND masters in l&p this year to give you a rough idea what level my skills are at, I'm afraid there are no decent pictures of my work due to lack of a decent camera.

I've never done a competition before, and looking at the nailympics site I ought to be entering the novice division. The categories I'd be considering are l&p tip & overlay, l&p sculpting, and perhaps some sort of nail art division, just to push the boundaries really because I'm not the most inspired artist to be fair.

So does anyone have any advice or stories to share? Also any tips on how competition nails differ from salon nails? I notice one of the competition rules is that you are there to create competition nails not salon nails so any advice on the differences between the 2 would be great :Love:

Latest posts

Back