Thinking of giving up and only just started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs hardy

Reaction score
just discovered a place quite near my salon is offering gelish hands for £12. fingers and toes for £18. I know Shellac and gelish should be appx £25 but £12 thats just ridiculous, how can I compete with that.

Are you sure they are using genuine Gelish?

With a salon to run there can be virtually no profit margin in that. It has to stack up doesn't it. They won't be there long. Damned annoying though. It de-values the service in the eyes of the customer.

Doesn't matter what they are charging. Concentrate on your business and offering something better than anyone else. What is you USP? Give better service and aftercare than anyone else, stick to your prices and people will pay for your great service. Cheap is not best!!

Don't give up! Your clientele will not be the same as hers. I have learnt this through months of worrying over competitor prices. This other salon will have to do 2/3 clients to your every one client to be earning the same as you.. So stick with it, make your business the best it can be and charge your worth. Perseverance and determination are key to success. The clients will come, you're still new :)

Thanks to all you ladies for replying. You all make total sense. I know the clientele I'll attract are world's apart from the cheaper salon. I wouldn't feel very good about myself lowering my prices. I just have to know my worth x

Simple. Don't compete. £12 is cheap, but you really get what you pay for. Market yours as a proper luxury service, not a rush job. You will get quality clients for quality manicures. Chin up, know your worth and you will be great. x

I live in a fairly small village and a local lady started advertising CND Shellac for £10. I charge £20 so was expecting a huge loss of clientele.

One or two did go to try her but most looked at her pictures and decided that the quality of the work wasn't good enough. The ones that did try her came back with stories of her kids running all over the place and a choice of about 4 CND colours - a generally unprofessional experience. The rest of her colours were gels my clients had never heard of and didn't want to try so they came back to me.

Cheap isn't always best and your clients will know the quality of your work so don't give up

Latest posts

Back