Thinking of having my eyebrows tattooed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A second retouch appointment should ALWAYS be included in the initial price. This is to 'finish' the treatment, touch up any areas where the pigment didn't hold as well (if required) and also gives the client the opportunity to go darker if desired. I always encourage my clients to go slightly lighter on the first appointment since it can be a bit of a shock initially as the colour is 30-50% darker for the first 7 days. Most of my clients then choose to go darker on their second appointment after 4 weeks.

In addition, during consultation, clients should be offered a few different colour options, shown on the skin. A good tech will demonstrate how the colour will look initially, and then once healed. This isn't difficult to do and is actually an imperative to us as technicians since different pigment blends will look totally different on different clients skin tone.

Hope this helps xx

thanks fo this, yes she did do all of that and i had 2 touch ups, i think its just my unrealistic expectations to be honest lol !! she is an extremeley well known tech and explained my desired result wasnt really acheivable, :sad: they look good though, a lot better than before :)

Ridiculous question alert, lol

what happens to your own real eyebrows? do they grow through, can anyone explain what happens here?

Btw lovely eyebrows BensMis x

thanks fo this, yes she did do all of that and i had 2 touch ups, i think its just my unrealistic expectations to be honest lol !! she is an extremeley well known tech and explained my desired result wasnt really acheivable, :sad: they look good though, a lot better than before :)

It is the responsibility of the technician to manage our clients expectations. I have clients that literally would love jet black brows, it just isn't achievable in reality.

I'm glad you love your brows :) x
however this isn't

Can't delete the last bit of my post so apologies it doesn't make sense lol x

Ridiculous question alert, lol

what happens to your own real eyebrows? do they grow through, can anyone explain what happens here?

Btw lovely eyebrows BensMis x

:)

We draw on shapes until we find one that you are happy with and suits you. The hair that lies out with the new brow shape is removed. However we endeavour to keep the majority of hair within your new brows :) hair continues to grow through as normal xx

I had mine done last week by someone that trained with nouveau.
I definitely would recommend it I love mine because I penciled them in all the time.. So long as you find a decent technician who has plenty of photos etc probably worth going for a consultation first.
It's pain free.. I'm a massive wuss and it was totally fine & they will put numbing cream on. They will draw them on until your happy with the shape.. And also try a few colours on your skin so you get the right colour.. Although it fades by 40% when it's healed properly.
Where I went she did 3 different brow options the 'powder brow' which I had is just a block of colour, hairstroke which is strokes to look like hairs probably the most natural looking and also the combination brow which is hair strokes and shading.
Also make sure they offer a re touch with the price cos you'll have to go back about 4-6 weeks after :)

Just noticed I've probably said same thing as a couple of people.. I didn't read all the replies! Sorry :) xx

Wow thanks so much for your replies lady's your pics are amazing got to have them done. Now comes the challenge of finding someone in plymouth or Exeter who does them as good as yours

Could any one pm me what you charge roughly so I can get an idea ? Love the strokes they look like real hairs amazing best brows I've ever seen

Wow thanks so much for your replies lady's your pics are amazing got to have them done. Now comes the challenge of finding someone in plymouth or Exeter who does them as good as yours

Karen Betts does a clinic in Jersey. You don't get better than her! You should expect to pay between £300-£500 for a good technician. Sometimes more! I have a contact in Wiltshire I know she's good but I don't suppose that's so close? X

I'm waiting for my second spmu on my eyebrows. Can't wait to have them darker as they have faded a lot but its deffo worth it :) really want to get a colour on my lips now! I'm hooked

Hi Bensmis

Could you pm me prices and locations near Southport please xxx

(I have eyebrows but i would like them thickened and slightly lengthened, I hate them being irregular):|

I'm waiting for my second spmu on my eyebrows. Can't wait to have them darker as they have faded a lot but its deffo worth it :) really want to get a colour on my lips now! I'm hooked

I'm same.. Totally hooked now :) haha xx

can anyone recomend a good technician in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area or roundabouts? xxx

Sent from my GT-S5363 using SalonGeek

I love the whole tattooing idea! Just a quick question though...I've read some comments from folk saying they don't like the fade off, saying they've gone an red, orangey colour as they've faded over a couple of years and they have to put make up over them to hide it. Is that the case with all colour tattoos?

I love the whole tattooing idea! Just a quick question though...I've read some comments from folk saying they don't like the fade off, saying they've gone an red, orangey colour as they've faded over a couple of years and they have to put make up over them to hide it. Is that the case with all colour tattoos?

Permanent make up is a low maintenance treatment, not a no maintenance treatment. Colour boosts are required every 12-24 months (depending on colour implanted, skin retention & aftercare). Excessive sun exposure can cause premature fading, I advise all clients to use a sun block stick on brows on holiday etc and avoid sunbeds.

Colour boosts usually start at 50% of the original treatment price, so you will need to allow roughly £100 per year for maintenance. It depends on your technicians pricing structure. You should never have to pay full price again provided you attend for a colour boost within the first 2 years.

Orange/salmon brows can also be a result of incorrect colour selection by the technician. Identifying a clients skin undertones and understanding colour theory is imperative in order to achieve the desired result...It's not as simple as picking a shade you like and away you go. A prime example of why you should choose your tech carefully and not simply on price alone. If its cheap, there's usually a reason! Xx

Lovely brows. Mine are so bad I cry :( roll on fading

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I really feel for you. Are then unable to be corrected or lasered out? Xx

I really feel for you. Are then unable to be corrected or lasered out? Xx

I've no idea. Couldn't afford it at the moment anyway so stuck with them for time being. Imagine it'd be difficult to correct big black blocks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back