Thinking of joining slimming world again....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Is anybody else doing it at the moment ?
Just for a bit of support really,

I nnnneeeddddd to loose weight, and doing on my own this time just isnt working,
Last time I went to slimming world, I ended up with a few slimmer of the weeks and slimmer of the month too,
I was soon used to that way of eating,

So I'm thinking not only will i loose weight with support, but also will get me out of this house for a few hours each week, and might pick up some new clients ..:lol:

So is anyone else doing it at the moment, or any other eating plan ?

I have never been to slimmers world or the like, i put my money into joining the gym, i started 3 years ago after having my third child, put on a tad too much weight lol i already played badminton once a week but i thought i would go to the gym, and i love it, i go 3 times a week, i get fit, get out and meet people, normally i go about 7 at night so its pretty quiet at the gym then and i lost all the baby weight and my 2nd bum that i had lol and the best bit is i can eat what i like cos i know i will burn it off later :)

All my mates go to the Gym..but i HATE the thought with a passion lol,
each one of them have tried to get me to join over the last 10 years...im like no no nooooooo

Dont know why I hate the thought so much but i do.

Also if anyone can point me in the right direction of a workout that works (a home one) please tell me xx

and might pick up some new clients ..:lol:

Lol Emms....I was thinking earlier today of heading to my local slimming world this Wednesday....for pretty much the same reason! I need to shed just a few pounds, but my slimming fees have paid for themself in the past with clients! And some!

i always hated the gym the thought of getting my body out in front of people but i tell you what there are all shapes and sizes there its not a poncy gym. its addictive (bit like this web site) if you go with your mates to start with you will get into it, go when the gymis quite to start with.

A good exercise to do at home for your tum is
lay on your front lift the front of your body up with your fore arms and your bottom half on your toes for 10 secs at a time, see how many you can do, build it up, thats works.

You prob need to try it to understand what i mean lol

me and my workmate are off to do weightwatchers together. I got on the scales this week whilst at my mums and scared myself.. so it gave me an incentive to make sure i do something about it lol.:cry:

I have never been to slimming world or weightwatches before, and my diets/execises in the past have been unsuccessful or not lasted long so hopefully be better this time round!

Lol Emms....I was thinking earlier today of heading to my local slimming world this Wednesday....for pretty much the same reason! I need to shed just a few pounds, but my slimming fees have paid for themself in the past with clients! And some!
Mine will be on a wednesday too ...we could compare.
I know the woman that does it too, from going for so long last time,
she was on tele a few weeks ago, a documentry filming a reeealy obese man who lives near me,

So shes half famous now lmao...

Its not my body shape that puts me off going the gym, its the whole everything lol...
Mabey Im just too lazy hahaha

hi girls i started w w on the 2/1/08 and i lost 4 1/2 lb last week! yey! i go weds to !!!! would b great to keep track with u lot! im hoping to get 2 1/2 lb off this week so i get the 7lb award!!!lol its really good tho and simple to follow!

wow hun thats fab, well done, x
Im hoping to set a target then if i hit that, i can go for free everyweek unless, i put 3lb on,

Im also trying to talk my daughter round to coming with me, shes only 11,
But is concerened about her figure as most hormonal kids are, although shes not a teenager she is at the same maturity level as one iykwim,

Its not about dieting though, they educate them on healthy eating and do like image therapy too,
It can only be a good thing to give her a proper education on food,

Its free for 11-15 year olds if accompanied by a member

I f you dont like doing exercise emmes, get a dance workout you can have fun and still loose weight. Dirty dancing is out at the moment that looks a good one.

Hi Emm, im going back SW this tuesday as iv put about 4 stone on and beleive me its not nice.IV just packed the fags in aswell so that hasnt helped but i did both before so im hopeing i can do it again.
Iv been to SW on and off for about 12 years so i knowit works as iv lost a 4 n half stone with them before plus loads more.I did try WW twice now but have been starving on it so its not for me but dont me let me put others off WW as i know its worked for ther people.
Anyway good luck if you need any help Emm giv us a shout as i know quite abit of tips and recipes for SW. Good luck all xxx

im starting the atkins diet tomorra - again (all due to packing the ciggies in) - ONLY FOR 2 WEEKS tho, as recommended.

Cheers for starting the thread Maemay
1034522319.gif

i too am going to be doing the slimming world plan again as i have quite a lot of weight to lose (at least 4 stone and id be happy!)
ive done SW in the past ... first time round i lost 2 and a half stone (i know it works) but 3 yrs later ive put it all back on and some (okay having my salon near a yummy sandwich shop and a chippy too so didnt help!)
well mum and i are going to go over of menus etc... this afternoon as i keep putting it off and if we arent organised i just fail!

fingers crossed everyone and ill keep you posted on how i do (prob be in my blog)

Jess
xox

Hi Emms

Last May I had enough of growing bigger by the week following a hysterectomy and HRT and going from a size 12 to a 16, I felt my skin was being stretched from all angles and I was not as active as I had been previously. I joined Slimming world and did one week there, Stu came with me for support but I found I couldn't get my head around the red and green days etc and didn't go back.

I found a personal trainer through personal recommendation and weighed up the cost against buying even more clothes as I continued to put on weight. Mark was fab, a real kick up the backside and did some personally tailored workouts at home and walking / jogging around the streets where I live as like you I hated the gym with a passion! I watched my food intake, reduced the carbs but didn't do drastic diet change as I already felt I ate healthily anyway!

Within three months I gave Mark up and had the confidence and the drive to join a gym and took my lifesaver with me - my ipod with some really heavy beat music to keep my mind of the pain of exercising lol!!

I have lost 2 stone and back to my normal size 12 and feeling fab! I didn't ever think it would be possible to see me doing any exercise let alone going to the gym a couple of times a week!

Good luck to you hun, it takes a big conscious decision to make the first move and then you are half way there.

Let us know how you get on.

Mandy x

well mum and i are going to go over of menus etc... this afternoon as i keep putting it off and if we arent organised i just fail!

Jess
xox

Jess, menu's are a great idea. I too lost a bucket load of weight at Slimming World before I had Morgandie and then have put some....not all....of it back on. I have been slowly shrinking, but now just want a boost to shift the last few stubborn pounds.

I found my weight loss was always better the weeks when I sat down and planned what i was having.....and funnily enough i saved a fortune too. As I used top go to the supermarket or shops and buy what i though I fancied that week, then by the time I got round to eating it, it was out of date and had to be thrown!

I have a ton of slimming world recipes....as I'm sure so do many of you. If there's a few of us fancy having a go at this, we could share some recipes in blogs or groups?

Thankyou everyone,
And I have to say i'm glad i wont be on my own,
In 2 years I am 30...and I will be damned if im going into my 30's with the body I have hated since before i was 10 lol ,
Everything needs doing over the next 2 years...body...face...the lot..
But at least I have the nails sorted and I have found a lovely hairdresser so thats those 2 problems solved,

Does anyone know about the "image therapy" that slimming world do ?
I saw it on the website but I am sure ive never heard of it before, is it a new thing ?

I could do with that i think , because I ALWAYS think i am fat, no matter what size clothes I'm in,:rolleyes:

'Image' tharapy is the bit where you all sit down and discuss as a group how you are getting on....what works for you, what doesn't....that sort of stuff. It's great as this is where you get idea's and motivation from.

You have 'slimmer of the week' competitions and all that, and its great, because if you win it once....you want it again! You also always have your next goal as they celebrate every half stone at SW, and you don't have to set your final goal until you are ready,. Thats what i did, was started losing weight and called 'time' on it when i felt ready!

It stands for something like Individual Motivation And Group Experience.

I have been to 3 different groups now. The first was very successful, and I lost nearly 3 stone in just over 3 months. Then we moved, and when I went to another group, the group leader was a bit useless and didn't do anything other than read out the losses and gains. One week, I had been on holiday and put a pound on. She ssaid "Oooh well, never mind dear, only a pound...happens to us all!" I didn't find this group motivating at all (that was the only time when actually going to SW I ever put weight on), and so I'm switching to another group, in N Wales that I've been to occasionally as a stand in group when I've been here before. This is my group now. The lady is very good, my Mum goes to this group and in 2 years has lost over 6 stone.

Slimming World works if you follow it, Simple. If you don't, it doesn't. However the fantastic thing about it, is unlike other diets, it leaves you feeling incerdibly healthy, revitalised and full of energy. I did Rosemary Connelly once years ago, and the doctor took me off it after I had collapsed at work....and all I was doing was the regular plan....nothing drastic!

Yes, the Original (red) days and Green days take a bit of getting your head round, but they really do work if you do. And I know the plan inside out know so if anyone gets stuck or confused, I'm happy to be your mid-week motivation and help where I can!

Edited to add: Oooh and the 'Body Magic' bit is motivation go off and exercise. Make sure they tell you about that, as you win awards for that too!

I think its been about 3 years since I last went to a class....
at the time the red and green days were 2nd nature to me,
I didnt even have to think about it, whereas now i think im going to find it hard to get used to it again,
and changing my shopping habits too,
I'll probably live off packet pasta and sauce and apples for the first week lol ,(presuming they are still free)
I remember last time we used to eat corned beef like it was going out of fashion coz it was free, corned beef quiche and salad was one of my fave dinners,
then they changed it and it went really high in sins :cry:

Im really looking forward to it,

I think i will try to find some sort of dancing excerise i like dancing...need something to tone up my tummy mainly though dont know if i could acheive that from dancing ???

Jess, menu's are a great idea. I too lost a bucket load of weight at Slimming World before I had Morgandie and then have put some....not all....of it back on. I have been slowly shrinking, but now just want a boost to shift the last few stubborn pounds.

I found my weight loss was always better the weeks when I sat down and planned what i was having.....and funnily enough i saved a fortune too. As I used top go to the supermarket or shops and buy what i though I fancied that week, then by the time I got round to eating it, it was out of date and had to be thrown!

I have a ton of slimming world recipes....as I'm sure so do many of you. If there's a few of us fancy having a go at this, we could share some recipes in blogs or groups?

i know that one... getting food in that sits in the cupboard or fridge then goes out of date!...lol

fab idea hunnio :D
i have a few fave meals sin free chips on a green day with a cheese omelette doesnt seem like 'diet food'......lol
oooo cheesey mash and tinned spaghetti with quorn sausages too is v low in sins on green

i preferred green days........ can you tell?

Jess
xox

I went to WW about 4 years ago and lost 3 1/2 stone but put it all back on! The only problem with WW is you have to watch your portion sizes and if I see another jacket potato I'll scream! :mad::mad:

My husband has been diagnosed with high blood pressure so we are both going to get fit and healthy and want to join a class. We were thinking of SW but, like many, might find the red and green days a bit confusing. I'd like to think, though, that we could swap recipes. That sounds great!! :):) Brilliant thread btw. Thanks Emms.

Latest posts

Back