Thinking of switching to Young Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGlam08

Reaction score
I like to try new things, I'll be honest. Recently I have been having problems with lifting which I have never ever had before. I hate to switch but i am losing clients.. In Nails Mag .. Young Nails were like 2nd on the list for readers choice for best acrylic system and I have always been a fan of them. So does anyone use any of their products?.. If so, how do you like them? I've heard a few people say I need to get training from them. How would I go about doing that if they don't offer it in my area?

Hi, I use young nails l&p and love it! I haven't done any training with them although I am planning to at some point. I loved their products instantly and you've got to love their enthusiasm :green:

I have to agree with the enthusiasm, they are over the top, nice to see that in the business world nowadays! :)

Because you've never used Young Nails before, I would suggest finding a training facility close enough for you to get to. Since you're already familiar with l&p, it would only be a conversion course and wont take but a day out of your time. Reason being is every system's mix ratio is different, and with training, you'll have a representative of the company there for you to direct all your questions and concern to at that moment (such as correct prep or how to avoid lifting or nails pinging off). Plus, if you run into any problems later on, you have someone to call and help you. I switched from OPI to Young Nails a few years ago, and I'm still using YN now. :)

I did some training with young nails on monday. Their products are lovely, easy to work with and not too expensive either.
I have tried a few companies in the past, liked them but not been overly keen or enthusiastic. But their products are lovely. I'm converted!

I had looked into training awhile back with them.. If this is what I think you guys are talking about? But I can't afford a $200-300 class. Even if I could, they don't come near where I live. Is there another way I could get training?

Hi GlitzyGlam08,
If you are committed to your career in nails you will make a plan. I know it's difficult to get the time or money for training especially if you have to travel as well. I have similar problems with being a fair distance from some training facilities but if you save up and plan your traininng schedule you could turn it into a positive. There must be fairly inexpensive accomodation options, train or bus services to the place you could get training. Maybe combine the journey into a procuct sourcing / training day.

You will make the money back in no time if you can improve your service, customers will be returning time after time and your reputation will grow and grow. Skimping and doing nails on a shoestring budget is a quick way to lose customers and a good reputation

I learned a long time ago that no-one will help you if you are not prepared to help yourself iykwim. Turn all the "can't do's" into "can do's"

Good luck and let us know where and when the training happens

you should contact YN directly and see what they can do for you.
they have webinars which i am interested in finding out more about. this i think allows you to 'go to' a course or class via the internet. contact tem via their website

You can also phone them up and ask if there will be any workshops nearby in the near future. If you're lucky, the workshop could be hosted by Greg, himself. :) Don't think of the price tag when doing training. Like tanfastic said, you make that money back soon enough. What you'll want is to be confident enough that your service is so good, clients come back.

Their online tutorials are excellent and a good way to get you practicing their technique before you find how you will attend their class...

Young Nails

I moved over to Young Nails a few years back and have never regretted it. Their products are really easy to work with.

Regarding a conversion course, I didn't do one at all and got on fine. Get yourself some samples and have a play, you will probably find that you are fine. If not, then you can see about doing a conversion. Personally I wouldn't do a conversion course unless I was having problems. :green:

Thanks everyone! I was actually just looking at their website again today .. I thought most of the classes they had listed were actual 'go to' classes. I would absolutely pay $50 for a webinar.. I did contact them through Facebook. Greg said the closest class would be the Premier Show in Orlando .. But that's the first week in June. I am attending a hair show next week and vacation is in July. Just not great timing when money is already tight.. But I really do want to switch.

Thanks everyone! I was actually just looking at their website again today .. I thought most of the classes they had listed were actual 'go to' classes. I would absolutely pay $50 for a webinar.. I did contact them through Facebook. Greg said the closest class would be the Premier Show in Orlando .. But that's the first week in June. I am attending a hair show next week and vacation is in July. Just not great timing when money is already tight.. But I really do want to switch.
OMG, you ACTUALLY spoke to Greg Salo? Jealous much!! Lol. Love Greg.

(I'm still waiting for requests to form a Gregette group)

Hi I went to the premier Orlando show whilst I was on my holidays last month, OMG it was amazing! I was there very early 8.30 when it opened lol!! I was on my own and it was huge... I wondered around the nail section and found YoungNails, yay!
Greg was sat demonstrating but because it was early there was only a few girls there watching so I went over. He asked if anyone wanted to sit down no one offered so I sat. I sat for over half an hour whist he talked & demonstrated.
I was blown away. !!!
I have watched his videos and followed YoungNails for a while although I am CND trained, I like to try other brands and custom my products for my clients.

He filled me with such enthusiasm, I was buzzing. I am a CND Master tech, but honestly of the back of this visit I would love to get involved in YoungNails and become an educator for them. AMAZING- PERIOD!

I just passed my educator assessment for young nails!! I was very bias before and everything had to be nail harmony but on my first interview I took some products away to play with and was blown away! So glad I chose to go for the position! Feel proud to say im apart of such a fan company!

I want to do it! Must get on the phone to Lisa.

I trained with cnd, and then switched to OPI competition 3000, but just wasn't satisfied. I originally switched to Young Nails because they claimed their acrylic was low odor and I was in need of such a product, but honestly I don't think it is low odor like it claims.
When I switched though I never regretted it. I love the feel of the products, the color range... online education is wonderful. I love it. Protein Bond is an amazing product. I have never had problems with lifting since I switched... but pep is also the most important thing when it comes to lifting.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back