Thinking of training in tape in hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
I am trained in LA Weave and Nano rings - honestly, I hate nano rings.

The first time I put 140 in, it took me 5 hours. When i came to refit at 8 weeks (after advising 6 weeks and the client cancelling twice) there was a lot of dirt under the nano rings and the hair had started to matt so i took them all out, got her to wash her hair and then it took me probably 4 hours to refit. Since then she decided to cut them herself, made a bit of a mess, had them cut properly, and then came to me for a refit which again took me ages and is going to have them cut properly again, as i think when she cut them and had them cut the length has gone a bit funny.

I really don't want to do nanos anymore lol but i know some people dont want weaves so was thinking are tapes better for finer hair? I can see that people like having them, but hate re-fitting them? Also what are the best companies to train with? I trained with Oakley first off so was thinking of going back to them.

Thanks all :)

Until recently I have had to push tape fitting on clients but most can't live without them afterwards. Much more comfortable than bonds and better ok finer haired clients.

Refits are a pain but you should charge appropriately for you time. Most will pay it for the benefits of having the tape hair.

Until recently I have had to push tape fitting on clients but most can't live without them afterwards. Much more comfortable than bonds and better ok finer haired clients.

Refits are a pain but you should charge appropriately for you time. Most will pay it for the benefits of having the tape hair.
on average, how long does it take you to refit?

I don't do Refits on the same day. I remove the hair, wash n blow it then retape and refit the next day. The fitting itself only takes 45 minutes

But it can take an hour to wash the hair and pick all the tape off. Then drying the hair and retaping the pieces can take nearly another hour.

I see the client again the next day to refit (the client will have washed their own hair at home overnight)

Loveeee tape ins. So quick and gentle!

Like hairygeek said perfect for sparser hair.

Loveeee tape ins. So quick and gentle!

Like hairygeek said perfect for sparser hair.
Where did you all train? I can see a few companies, but you have to learn 2 or 3 methods, i literally just want to learn tape ins x

Connect 2 hair

If you contact them they normally will do a 1-1 lesson in the method you want

@HairyGeek @cams97 where do you guys get your tape extensions from? I use angel remy and prestige but was wanting to offer something of a higher quality or even a longer length! I can only currently get 18" from these two x

@HairyGeek @cams97 where do you guys get your tape extensions from? I use angel remy and prestige but was wanting to offer something of a higher quality or even a longer length! I can only currently get 18" from these two x

Same here interested in other suppliers for tape just for different lengths

Fabulong offer 22" tape if you're looking for longer but haven't tried theirs yet. Only just trailing their weft hair now and its nice so far.

Transform do mongolian tape, still only 18" though.

I wear extensions rather than being trained in them so from a client point of view I would love to try them out as I've only ever had plaited sew in weave or clip ins. I like tying my hair up or doing a messy up do when I have extensions in but heard that tying hair up is quiet tricky so that's the only thing putting me off. I've seen a video that @cams97 posted on a different thread and they look so quick and easy to apply! X

I think I will definitely be going to train in this method, i have spoken to the company i previously trained with and they said if i just want to train in that method it will cost £40 and wont take too long!

Latest posts

Back