Thinning hair causes and solutions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickysnails200

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your help and for reading this!

So basically my oh feels his hair is thinning out around his hair line and at his crown.
He's been saying this for the last 5 years we've been together hes 27 now and it's really bothering him.

He washes his hair every couple of days with Maria nila volume shampoo and conditioner then blow dries his hair with a small round brush he uses wella sugar lift or matrix mousse and schwartzkof shillouette hairspray when styling it. He wears beanie hats or snap backs on days he doesn't style it!

I've suggested Nioxin, told him not to rub his hair when towel drying but to pat it dry, only to blow dry when necessary, maybe change pillowcases to something better quality but I'm not sure what else to suggest any ideas?

You can see a lot of baby hairs around his hairline and some a quite long but very fine and a fair amount of new hair growth that just doesn't seem to grow. His hair is dense around the sides and back but a little thinner on top. He has fine hair but a lot of it.
Also I am a qualified hairdresser just don't know what else to suggest

So my questions are

Can hats cause hair thinning?
What do you thinks causing this is it age or something else?
Any suggestions on how to thicken up his hair?

Thank you if you've read this far

Hi in male pattern baldness the hair is replaced by finer vellus hair ( body type hair ) and the follicles shrink .
This can happen for years and can be a gradual process , I think monodyxil ( not sure of spelling ) has been proven to have some success
I think the best you can do is style it well
Tell him not to worry about it , do some research online ?
I don't think there is an absolute cure ATM but you may be able to delay it
The best thing is to downplay it and tell him there's no big deal !! ( that he looks great whatever ) [emoji3]

Thank you.

Does anyone else have any ideas?xx

Acupuncture can help with hair loss

There's some evidence that red LED can help, but I'm afraid I don't really know a great deal about it (we use it in facials) - may be worth a web search x

Thank you x will get him to try Xx

So basically my oh feels his hair is thinning out around his hair line and at his crown.
He's been saying this for the last 5 years we've been together hes 27 now and it's really bothering him.

He washes his hair every couple of days with Maria nila volume shampoo and conditioner then blow dries his hair with a small round brush he uses wella sugar lift or matrix mousse and schwartzkof shillouette hairspray when styling it. He wears beanie hats or snap backs on days he doesn't style it!

I've suggested Nioxin, told him not to rub his hair when towel drying but to pat it dry, only to blow dry when necessary, maybe change pillowcases to something better quality but I'm not sure what else to suggest any ideas?

You can see a lot of baby hairs around his hairline and some a quite long but very fine and a fair amount of new hair growth that just doesn't seem to grow. His hair is dense around the sides and back but a little thinner on top. He has fine hair but a lot of it.

So my questions are

Hiya, I've heard that hats etc can cause hair to thin but I really don't know if there is any truth to this ? I wouldn't of thought so.

Head massage will stimulate hair growth. There is supplements also he could try Xx

So my questions are

Hi Nicky, obviously without seeing your oh hair you couldn't tell exactly the cause but if it is MPHL - The hairs go through miniaturisation becoming smaller in diameter producing a smaller weaker hair until the follicle produces nothing. Mostly affecting these areas you have stated. Have a look at the Hamilton-Norwood scale.
LLLT combs are FDA approved and have some evidence behind them. As op stated Minoxidil is also useful, and is FDA approved, this will help produce a thicker hair again but once you start Minoxidil it is something you must carry on using as if you stop using it the hair will fall again.
Hope this helps [emoji4]

Hi Nicky, obviously without seeing your oh hair you couldn't tell exactly the cause but if it is MPHL - The hairs go through miniaturisation becoming smaller in diameter producing a smaller weaker hair until the follicle produces nothing. Mostly affecting these areas you have stated. Have a look at the Hamilton-Norwood scale.
LLLT combs are FDA approved and have some evidence behind them. As op stated Minoxidil is also useful, and is FDA approved, this will help produce a thicker hair again but once you start Minoxidil it is something you must carry on using as if you stop using it the hair will fall again.
Hope this helps [emoji4]

Thank you x

Latest posts

Back