Thinning hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunflower46

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend a product for thinning hair please. My mum is convinced she is losing her hair ( she definitely isn't - not any more than is normal anyway. It's just always been fine). Just thought if I could get her something it might put her mind at rest. Her hair is coloured. Thank you 😊

It’s common for hair to thin during the menopause, so I wouldn’t dismiss her concerns too quickly. You could try Nioxin as that’s recommended for general hair loss.
https://www.nioxin.com/en-US

I'll second the nioxin recommendation. Just be aware that it is cosmetic so it's something that she will need to commit to using. The other product I'd recommend is watermans.

Last edited:
The Philip Kingsley Trichotherapy regime is very good and I’ve seen clients get fuller and thicker looking hair that blow dries easier and seems to grow to its full
potential. It’s quite expensive but worth it in my opinion.

ZENAGEN 100%
Nioxin never worked for me.

Vitamin B6 and B12. I lost a lot of hair after having a baby and this is what the doctor prescribed. Worked a treat xx

Cel is amazing... it actually grows the hair back.. cleans out the follicles.... great stuff

Cel is amazing... it actually grows the hair back.. cleans out the follicles.... great stuff
I'd love to learn about Cel.
Where is it sold?
Please tell me more?
Thank you.

Vitamin B6 and B12. I lost a lot of hair after having a baby and this is what the doctor prescribed. Worked a treat xx
I must go get myself these, little one is nearly 5month and my hair has been pouring out last 4weeks did you see a difference

I must go get myself these, little one is nearly 5month and my hair has been pouring out last 4weeks did you see a difference
Big difference. I had actual bald patches and they all grew back once i started taking the vitamins. The things we have to go through haha xx

Cel comes from the united kingdom i order it from the company there.. i sell it in the salon

Shedding a lot of hair a few months post partum is completely normal and part of the pregnancy cycle.
Only look for alternative options if your hair loss is unexplained.

Mine is starting to calm down, those first few weeks scared me i have to admit

Mine is starting to calm down, those first few weeks scared me i have to admit

Did you not cover the essentials about hair loss in your hairdressing training? I thought it was included in the basic level 2 syllabus. I wonder if they don’t that nowadays? :oops:

Did you not cover the essentials about hair loss in your hairdressing training? I thought it was included in the basic level 2 syllabus. I wonder if they don’t that nowadays? :oops:
To be fair I don't think I did :/ 😂

Nope i don't recall doing it.
I Obviously knew i would possibly have hairloss after baby, but not to that extent.

Latest posts

Back