Third tier seats, Old Trafford...vertigo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
Got all my footie tickets for the Olympics today!
Little bit worried, though.
My first visit tickets are 3rd tier.
I had a big problem on a high tier at the MEN a couple of years ago. Although I'd sat up there before, on this occasion I was overtaken by ridiculous feelings that I was going to somehow be launched forward from my seat (!) I spent the evening with my eyes clamped shut, and my feet braced against the seat in front....yep, totally daft, I know.
Now I'm worried about OT. Whatever happens, I'm going anyway, but does anyone have any knowledge of these seats?

Don't know about the seats but take some rescue remedy with you to keep the anxiety at a minimum it may help x

I understand exactly how you feel Dandelion ... I can't sit any higher than level 1 at Wembley for the same reasons. My legs just turn to jelly.

I'm a United season ticket holder (yes yes another reason for people not to like me!)- and I think you'll be fine.

OT is a massive stadium, but everything is in proportion so it doesnt seem so enormous, and it's designed to give you a comfortable viewing angle.

I went to the Nou Camp in Barcelona a few years ago and that place IS vertigo inducing.

Good for you for supporting the Olympics by the way!

Thanks everyone!
I'm determined to get over it - particularly as I'll be seeing Brazil.
For the quarter finals a few days later, I'm in the 2nd tier, so that should be OK.
I'm really looking forward to the Oympics, and hoping it will be a wonderful time for all.

Hey Dandy, you'll be ok - as long as you aren't too ample in the chest area - they may cause you to over balance so best wear a rucksack as counterbalance?:D
i'm only joking, I know exactly how you fell and am prone to vertigo and even you talking about it gives me a shiver of panic, try rescue remedy and kalms?
all the best, enjoy yourself.xxxx

Got all my footie tickets for the Olympics today!

Hey, well done you for getting the tickets! I applied for fball and other tickets and have got the grand total of NONE! And I only live a few train stops from the Olympic venue (dont even get me started on the hassle it is causing down this way!).

If you decide you cannot cope with the higher tiered tickets you have got, there is a willing buyer here to take them off you! Always like to help another geek out when I can lol.

Elaine, can't believe you couldn't get footie tickets..... I believe they were originally much easier to come by, which was a surprise to me, as I thought with all the fans here they'd go like hotcakes.
If you can find any for OT we could have a Geek meet afterwards! Might take my mind off the vertigo!

Feedback after the event:

Wow! It was amazing. I was absolutely fine; still not great on the steps down to my seat but no probs whatsoever once seated.

Spent 7 hours there in total.
Wonderful venue!

I'm a United season ticket holder (yes yes another reason for people not to like me!)- and I think you'll be fine.

OT is a massive stadium, but everything is in proportion so it doesnt seem so enormous, and it's designed to give you a comfortable viewing angle.

I went to the Nou Camp in Barcelona a few years ago and that place IS vertigo inducing.

Good for you for supporting the Olympics by the way!

Yey I'm man u fan too x

Feedback after the event:

Wow! It was amazing. I was absolutely fine; still not great on the steps down to my seat but no probs whatsoever once seated.

Spent 7 hours there in total.
Wonderful venue!

Ahh glad it went well, would love to have gone to one at st James. X x

Latest posts

Back